Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold $1750, Palladium $1748

OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

First time in a while that gold has been more expensive.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Comments

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Except that it is not if you are looking at futures pricing and not Kitco's bid pricing. Pd is still around $75/oz more than Au for now. Current bid/ask price difference is $1 for Au, but $150 for Pd.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2022 4:17PM

And except if you're looking to sell you can actually sell the gold. The Pd not so much. I saw a major dealer very recently offering to by 1ozt Pd eagles for -$400 spot. It's why most call the Pd fancy overpriced gutter. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

No honest dealer is offering -$400. Most are offering bid or higher. Just an example...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now, gold is $1752 and palladium $1774... I will stick with gold, it moves more freely on the market. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the Realistic buy back price and screen shot on that 1oz Palladium @RobM .

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also,

Selling PD eagles on the secondary market seems to be bringing hefty premiums still...

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

@RobM said:
    No honest dealer is offering -$400. Most are offering bid or higher. Just an example...

Bullion exchange current screen shot. They don't have Pd eagles listed at the moment but the other day they were showing -$400

• Options

• Options

@blitzdude, It just doesn't make sense to search for the lowest advertised buy back price and suggest that is all one can get for their Pd. I am more interested in knowing who us paying a fair price and there are a few. Those who have profitted from trading PGMs know the consumer market is thin and have likely done their homework on optimizing their returns when the time has come to sell.

• Options

Simply the first 2 sites I looked at. Keep checking you will find the same almost everywhere. I have asked many a LCS about Pt/Pd, always the same story, spread too high, no demand, won't touch it, they are losers IMO. Overpriced gutter. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude, There probably aren't even 10 online bullion dealers that publish buy back prices. But California Numismatics is currently right around JM in the ~$1900 range. I think you are helping make my point when you say you have asked many LCSs about Pt/Pd. I stopped asking LCSs about PGMs (and just about any bullion product) after visiting only two. Why should I expect a different answer? Go into a large bullion dealer that promotes themselves as offering Pt/Pd and will they recommend you not buy from them or tell you that they won't buy it back? Now may not be a good time to invest in PGMs (except maybe Pt), but I can tell you that a little understanding of this asset class can be quite lucrative despite the higher spreads. Worst case, one can list on eBay and get something over $2100/oz. And as @LukeMarshall pointed out some seemingly big premiums on those graded coins. I might have to send a Pd Eagle or ML or two to our generous host. My point here is that PGM investment may not be for everyone, and their are illiquidity risks, but there is also the potential for gains that can vastly exceed those of Au and Ag (and their immense paper markets). And if PGMs do plummet, don't mock me or feel sorry for me, I've already taken my principal out.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@RobM I'm not your enemy brother. If you want to buy Pd and Pt more power to you. I hope are very successful (and I assume that perhaps you already are). I don't doubt what you are saying but I'll stick with the gold. Liquidity is my middle name. RGDS!