Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone Else Experiencing Theft Shipping to PSA as 3rd Party Authenticator on eBay Items

BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
edited November 29, 2022 3:06PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hi all,

I just had a PSA 5 1986 Fleer Jordan that I sold on eBay stolen on its way to PSA as eBay's 3rd Party Authenticator. I am left holding the bag for the theft and am out serious $. Is anyone else experiencing theft on eBay's 3rd Party Authentication program for cards over $300 for items shipped to PSA in Santa Ana?

Comments

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent an item to the Authenticator. Buyer tells me it never arrived to him, although eBay did show it arrived at the Authenticator. I started to get worried but then learned from the Buyer than eBay refunded his money. Then eBay told me I was fine and nothing for me to do.

Not sure what happened but feel bad for the buyer who wanted the car not a refund!

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

And BKrtiz..... What a funny coincidence we both had exactly 1130 posts. What are the odds.

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bkritz said:
    Hi all,

I just had a PSA 5 1986 Fleer Jordan that I sold on eBay stolen on its way to PSA as eBay's 3rd Party Authenticator. I am left holding the bag for the theft and am out serious $. Is anyone else experiencing theft on eBay's 3rd Party Authentication program for cards over $300 for items shipped to PSA in Santa Ana?

Call eBay...

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭

@Bkritz said:
    Hi all,

Stolen in what way? Did it get to PSA and the box was empty? You didn't insure it?

• Options
    BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭

I insured it but since PSA signed for it and then declared that the box was empty, the USPS tracking says it was delivered and that they did their job.

• Options
    RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2022 6:57PM

Wait, PSA told you, or they told eBay who then told you? (as PSA would have to get your contact info from eBay). Curious how you packaged/taped it?
    I think part of the issue is using a box, where a perp can easily slice the tape, jack the item and then tape it back up. I only use a 00 padded envelope with some cardboard protection inside a 6x9 padded envelope folded a little. That way to jack it, you have to destroy the package and make it disappear, so at least it would never get delivered empty, or at least show major "shipping" damage.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

It's possible it was removed from the packaging prior to getting to PSA. This could happen when shipping an item anywhere. Since it was accepted at PSA, what is eBay doing on your behalf in this case?

@balco758 said:
    And BKrtiz..... What a funny coincidence we both had exactly 1130 posts. What are the odds.

And I happened to read this post on... November 30th :smile:

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@Bkritz said:
    I insured it but since PSA signed for it and then declared that the box was empty, the USPS tracking says it was delivered and that they did their job.

Another thing the Ebay Authenticator program never thought of. Theft from within the program... B)