Home Sports Talk
Options

Too weird not to post about.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

A neighbor and his wife are going on a short trip for a few days. He asked me to collect his mail, and be sure to check his front door area for a package. Ok, so far...

He then goes on to tell me to be sure to refrigerate a smaller package that he's expecting. So, I had to ask him what's in the package that has to be refrigerated. He told me that his wife had placed an order to have his picture printed on an order of M&Ms. I was speechless for a few seconds and asked him to tell me that again, he did. Apparently some genius at M&M figured there was a market for having photos of people imprinted on M&Ms...yes, those little colored chocolate things. He was very serious and asked me to be sure to refrigerate them so they wouldn't melt. I guess the bigger question is how were they refrigerated while in transit?? He told me that when he gets home he'll give me a couple of M&Ms...boy, I can't wait, what a thrill that'll be. :o

I guess this is normal to them. They also recently flew to Vegas from Atlanta to be part of their 45++ year old son's wedding at one of those Elvis chapels. There are no words!! They live 3 houses down from me, so I think I'm safe. B)

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

You see, this is why I stay away from my neighbors! 😂😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only contact with my neighbors is through the lenses of my binocs. I do try to keep a close eye on them. because, well, you never know!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they have a cement pond?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    He told me that when he gets home he'll give me a couple of M&Ms...boy, I can't wait, what a thrill that'll be. :o

If you really want to mess with him just tell him thanks but I'll just wait for the ones of your wife. >:)

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭✭

OUCH !

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plain or peanut?

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

every time i think about what those customized m&m's could possibly look like, this is where my mind goes

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    A neighbor and his wife are going on a short trip for a few days. He asked me to collect his mail, and be sure to check his front door area for a package. Ok, so far...

He then goes on to tell me to be sure to refrigerate a smaller package that he's expecting. So, I had to ask him what's in the package that has to be refrigerated. He told me that his wife had placed an order to have his picture printed on an order of M&Ms. I was speechless for a few seconds and asked him to tell me that again, he did. Apparently some genius at M&M figured there was a market for having photos of people imprinted on M&Ms...yes, those little colored chocolate things. He was very serious and asked me to be sure to refrigerate them so they wouldn't melt. I guess the bigger question is how were they refrigerated while in transit?? He told me that when he gets home he'll give me a couple of M&Ms...boy, I can't wait, what a thrill that'll be. :o

I guess this is normal to them. They also recently flew to Vegas from Atlanta to be part of their 45++ year old son's wedding at one of those Elvis chapels. There are no words!! They live 3 houses down from me, so I think I'm safe. B)

That's been an option for about twenty years.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

@daltex said:

That's been an option for about twenty years.

Yep and it is not cheap.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

The thing that really bothers me about this is keeping M & M's in the fridge. When they're taken out and come to room temp, won't they condensate and the colors and ink run?

• Options

Well, M&M guy texted me yesterday to tell me FEDEX had notified him that said M&M package would be delivered today.
    FEDEX shipping for M&Ms with his pic on them?? It seems to me just a really silly waste of money. I can't imagine what lame charge you would get out of eating an M&M with your pic on the pieces, or offering some to others. He does have a tendency to laugh at silly things, so this kinda fits right in. I have no clue whether the colors would run after being refrigerated, nor do I care, but I'll put the box in the frig and then try my best to avoid the unveiling of said M&Ms.

We were at a neighborhood social one evening and we were all kinda chatting about upcoming travel plans. So, they had planned to go to Hawaii. Having been there a few times, I asked about his itinerary, thinking I might add a "don't miss" place. Well, he then folded his arms and said "If I can't go first class, I ain't goin". Delta Comfort wouldn't be good enough I guess, so, his wife (who does all the planning), had to burn thousands of miles to go first class. I tried my best to explain that he was wasting all those miles and getting so little in return...fell on deaf ears. He had no clue on where they would go or visit during their stay, only that he insisted on visiting the Arizona Memorial. I did suggest Blue Horizon Helicopters on Kauai, she booked it and was thrilled at the experience.

He also has a couple of hundred pics of Dunkin Donuts places...don't ask, I have no clue.

Overall a nice guy, just really qwirky. He was a machine gunner in Vietnam, and experienced a lot of bad s#it, so, I just kinda go with the conversation when we chat.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they were popular as wedding favors.

• Options

Well, said M&Ms have arrived safely. They were in a small styrofoam square box, and as requested, placed them in my frig until my neighbor returns from his trip to Nashville later today.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 5:56AM

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Well, M&M guy texted me yesterday to tell me FEDEX had notified him that said M&M package would be delivered today.
    FEDEX shipping for M&Ms with his pic on them?? It seems to me just a really silly waste of money. I can't imagine what lame charge you would get out of eating an M&M with your pic on the pieces, or offering some to others. He does have a tendency to laugh at silly things, so this kinda fits right in. I have no clue whether the colors would run after being refrigerated, nor do I care, but I'll put the box in the frig and then try my best to avoid the unveiling of said M&Ms.

We were at a neighborhood social one evening and we were all kinda chatting about upcoming travel plans. So, they had planned to go to Hawaii. Having been there a few times, I asked about his itinerary, thinking I might add a "don't miss" place. Well, he then folded his arms and said "If I can't go first class, I ain't goin". Delta Comfort wouldn't be good enough I guess, so, his wife (who does all the planning), had to burn thousands of miles to go first class. I tried my best to explain that he was wasting all those miles and getting so little in return...fell on deaf ears. He had no clue on where they would go or visit during their stay, only that he insisted on visiting the Arizona Memorial. I did suggest Blue Horizon Helicopters on Kauai, she booked it and was thrilled at the experience.

He also has a couple of hundred pics of Dunkin Donuts places...don't ask, I have no clue.

Overall a nice guy, just really qwirky. He was a machine gunner in Vietnam, and experienced a lot of bad s#it, so, I just kinda go with the conversation when we chat.

Some people spend their money on unopened vintage wax while others purchase M&M's with their husbands picture on it.

God, I love America!

Your neighbors sound like a lot of fun! Thank him for his service for us all while you bite the head off of his M&M.
    (edit....that came out wierder than I intended)

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store