Home Sports Talk
Options

Yes, but is your turkey a Butterball?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked up one of these puppies today, sucker must weigh 25-30 pounds, I think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder lugging it home. I can't wait to watch football and dig into this delicious, tender, juicy turkey! What are you eating for Thanksgiving?

Comments

• Options

I live right across the street from a wal-mart neighborhood market, so I walked over there and carried the turkey back. I walked because it saves money for gas, yes, I'm a cheapskate, I'll do anything to save a buck.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

It absolutly is - 95¢ a pound - just under 13 pounds.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    It absolutly is - 95¢ a pound - just under 13 pounds.

Awesome Butterball, virtual high five!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, we are having turkey.

• Options
    edited November 23, 2022 3:58AM

@thisistheshow said:
    Yes, we are having turkey.

Let me guess, organic turkey? It's quite obvious that stevek's influence for health food still has a powerful grip on you. I shudder to think what Steve is having for Thanksgiving dinner.

• Options

And I can just imagine stevek as a child, poor kid probably never saw the inside of a McDonald's.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tofu turkey

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2022 9:10PM

Thanksgiving Story.....Please allow......When I was little boy, my Grandpa every year kept a turkey. He had his reasons...... Well, one year my cousin, about 8 years old, took a liking to the turkey.... ...He fed the turkey, and gave the bird a name. Tom. It was his pet. Well, Thanksgiving rolled around and the the family was gathered for the feast!...Midway into the festivities, his older brother asked him, "Do you know what you're eatin'.....It's Tom."...... Sweet Baby Jesus!...... What aThanksgiving To Remember!

Oh Well......

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, the in-laws avoid them.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what you were all thinking..."I just want to see Shaq take a raw turkey to the back of his head!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2T-nSE6T8E

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I know what you were all thinking..."I just want to see Shaq take a raw turkey to the back of his head!"

@erikthredd said:

Shaq looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of that guy! 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched my brother-in-law slip butter under the skin of his bird before he roasted it. They would have a Butter Ball turkey in the house because it has chemical butter, not the real thing.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2022 7:06PM

It was.....until it got gobbled.....