Home Precious Metals
Options

Any good magazine ads?

Anyone seen a good silver deal in magazines lately that they care to share?

Comments

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen a few... but just ignore them. First of all, not that many good deals; secondly, no way want to put up with the sales pressure to buy additional high priced items; pesky phone calls, etc. Plus.. always some concern whether one will actually get the order.

----- kj
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ignore magazine or flyer ads for bullion. Usually overpriced and opens the door to hyper sales calls, emails, texts and other flyers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 9:02AM

Wow, you all are way too skittish.

I'm happy to take under spot or at spot shipped silver when it's around...

We're not talking about $2 Morgans shipped from China.

• Options

Skittish? no....

Just have had enough experience to realize what these "deals" entail. In my younger years, yes, I did respond to that type of ad... it all depends on how much tolerance you have to jump through the hoops. Hopefully someone will steer you to the type of ad you are asking for. Good Luck!

----- kj
  • Options

Let us know... if you find some good ads! We have had these discussions before, and many are interested in finding out how they turn out. Without really checking, I think most have had success with getting the original offer... and not sure how much followup occurs. So, maybe ok.

Just not my thing though.

----- kj
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont look for them either, like it was said then the telemarketers start to call and it never ends after that, jmo

• Options

I've regularly taken advantage of the '1 Silver Eagle or Maple Leaf' at spot shipped type offers and it's never really been an issue. Get my order without problem and dont really hear much after? Would love to find any like this.

I thought everyone basically stopped answering the phone years ago with how bad regular spam calls are...

• Options

Back up - anyone see any good magazine ads for SAEs?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only magazines I still keep around here have cartridges in them.