Home Sports Talk
Options

Do you think the Eagles are a fraud?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone posted this online, what do you think, are the Eagles the real deal this year or frauds?

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 8:07AM

Nope, every team is entitled to losing a game

The schedule might not be in favor of them beating top tier teams but beating them is what great teams do

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

No

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

No, but they will be playing a team this week that is a fraud, yep, you guessed it.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

That graphic makes them sound worse than it should. But I'm not as sure as the above posters.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but I don’t think they will be nfc champion

• Options

@Darin said:

You got that right.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 1:08PM

@Darin said:

Niners......Mccaffrey, Jimmy, and George.....All The Way Baby....

NFC CHAMPS

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Darin said:

NFC CHAMPS

No way, my Cowboys are winning the NFC, Jimmy G will be on vacation in Mexico come Super Bowl time, asta la vista baby!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 2:15PM

Hey, DD.....What goes around comes around....

Kansas City Chiefs fan at Rams/Chiefs game,...2018...Rams Win 54-51....

Half Time and During Game Entertainment At SoFi.....

The Fans Go Nuts.....

So yea,.....

Except Jimmy won't be in Mexico ......He'll be in Phoenix......El Norte!
    I'll Be There......BRING ON THE CHIEFS!!!!
    I Can't Wait!!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    Hey, DD.....What goes around comes around....

Kansas City Chiefs fan at Rams/Chiefs game,...2018...Rams Win 54-51....

Half Time and During Game Entertainment At SoFi.....

So yea,.....

Except Jimmy won't be in Mexico ......He'll be in Phoenix......
    I'll Be There......BRING ON THE CHIEFS!!!!
    I Can't Wait!!

Ole!

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but I think they are in a mid season slump. All teams, except the 1972 Dolphins who had an easier schedule, have them. Buffalo have had a mid season slump too. The 2008 Patriots had their slump at the end of the season.

I hope the pull out of it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard for a fraud to be 9-1. Maybe some backlash here but including Minnesota - And maybe Buffalo - they just have not been real sharp lately.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Hydrant said:

@Darin said:

NFC CHAMPS

no disrespect

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frauds? Not really. Regardless of a soft (?) schedule they still had to go out and beat those teams. Seen many games where a good team plays down to a poorer team. Complacent. The 8-0 start got all the attention. Along comes a loss then the talk of a possible meltdown surfaces. If they started 3-0 then the loss then win the next 5 maybe would not have garnered so much concern. Meaning the 8-0 start got hyped. Remember this is the NFLP:Nat. Football League PARITY.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not frauds, just untested. We’ll see if they can compete in January. The NFC East has a history of easy schedules and one and done.
    I rather my team play a 1st place schedule, be tested every week and enter the playoffs 13-4. They’ve played the best so it’s not a surprise.
    We’ll see how they hold up soon enough

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2022 8:41AM

A tinge fraudulent. Two weeks in a row they should have lost to (at the time) sub-.500 teams. The only reason they escaped the Colts is because Indy sucks and doesn't know how to put teams to sleep when they have the opportunity. If you're supposedly the best a conference has to offer, you should not be finding yourself in that position. The Eagles are the type of #1 seed that could get bounced in the divisional round if they run into a surging team that can match up well with them.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Niners are winning the NFC, seems like the old days are back. 'boys will lose in the NFC round 1 playoffs, something is bound to happen well bc they are the 'boys. Vikings will choke somehow as well, bc they have Cousins at qb, it is destined. Eagles? Good point as they have not played anyone so we will see.................

Maybe TB has a surge with their qb who chose a smelly locker room over family after being GOAT with nothing left to prove? Not.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Speaking of smelly locker room, you can now purchase scented candles that help to remind you of football, perfect for the offseason, and they come in three different aromas - hashtag field goals, jockstrap, and $18 nachos. Pick one up while supplies last!

• Options

Having a team so dependent on a running QB is unsustainable. The timeline of that is quite unpredictable.

• Options
    edited November 28, 2022 7:32AM

@thisistheshow said:
    Having a team so dependent on a running QB is unsustainable. The timeline of that is quite unpredictable.

I disagree, mobile QB's are being bred in the college game now, I'm not saying it's going to be run first style but guys that can be two dimensional are going to continue to be what teams are looking for.

Burrow
    Hurts
    Lawrence

All these guys are capable of running if necessary and the top college prospects at QB are just like these guys

Edit to add, a guy like Mac Jones who is not very mobile stands probably a greater chance of getting hurt not being able to efficiently escape when the line is collapsing all around him and taking awkward tackles over running and sliding to give yourself up ect..

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

I disagree, mobile QB's are being bred in the college game now, I'm not saying it's going to be run first style but guys that can be two dimensional are going to continue to be what teams are looking for.

Burrow
    Hurts
    Lawrence

All these guys are capable of running if necessary and the top college prospects at QB are just like these guys

Edit to add, a guy like Mac Jones who is not very mobile stands probably a greater chance of getting hurt not being able to efficiently escape when the line is collapsing all around him and taking awkward tackles over running and sliding to give yourself up etc..

I see your point, and it is a good one. Mobile QBs are the norm, not the exception, as far as top picks go.

But the way the Eagles look, to me, is as if they are over-dependent on Hurts running. If he is injured in a way which slows him down, doesn't he regress to a below average quarterback? Isn't his personal game, as a QB, too dependent on his legs?

Not every "mobile" QB would fit this description. I don't see Burrow or Lawrence as being in the same category. They look as though they could excel as more traditional QBs.

As for Mac Jones, he is a bit of a statue. He seems to possess some pocket instinct, but really would need to develop that.

In regard to QBs who are strictly pocket passers, Brady never gets hurt and it is because he knows how to move within the pocket, and he knows when to go down and how to go down. I know I have posted this before, but I like to post it as a reminder....Belichick told Brady post game, and I am paraphrasing, "if you want a long career don't do that". Brady learned from this, it was during the regular season his first year as a starter. I also show this to anyone who says Brady isn't tough...but that's an entire different thread (and we have a lot of those already, lol). https://youtu.be/WqTmz_-scYA

• Options
    edited November 28, 2022 9:37AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

Burrow
    Hurts
    Lawrence

Edit to add, a guy like Mac Jones who is not very mobile stands probably a greater chance of getting hurt not being able to efficiently escape when the line is collapsing all around him and taking awkward tackles over running and sliding to give yourself up etc..

I see your point, and it is a good one. Mobile QBs are the norm, not the exception, as far as top picks go.

But the way the Eagles look, to me, is as if they are over-dependent on Hurts running. If he is injured in a way which slows him down, doesn't he regress to a below average quarterback? Isn't his personal game, as a QB, too dependent on his legs?

Not every "mobile" QB would fit this description. I don't see Burrow or Lawrence as being in the same category. They look as though they could excel as more traditional QBs.

As for Mac Jones, he is a bit of a statue. He seems to possess some pocket instinct, but really would need to develop that.

In regard to QBs who are strictly pocket passers, Brady never gets hurt and it is because he knows how to move within the pocket, and he knows when to go down and how to go down. I know I have posted this before, but I like to post it as a reminder....Belichick told Brady post game, and I am paraphrasing, "if you want a long career don't do that". Brady learned from this, it was during the regular season his first year as a starter. I also show this to anyone who says Brady isn't tough...but that's an entire different thread (and we have a lot of those already, lol). https://youtu.be/WqTmz_-scYA

I see where your coming from, I haven't watched enough of Hurts to say one way or another if his throwing is sub par or not, but Lamar Jackson has stayed pretty healthy and he us definitely a better runner than Passer, Burrow and Lawrence probably are more complete passers as you suggested

Idk I think smart running QB's have a place in the game more now than before

Look at the top 3 QB prospects in College, all 3 guys are pretty much Jalen Hurts type guys