Home U.S. Coin Forum

Some of my… special coins

maymay Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

A totally not polished Franklin, and a tribute double eagle that has 0.31 mg of gold and not a speck of corrosion.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

Comments

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whats with the blue paint/nail polish on the gold coin? Maybe an acetone soak would get that off?

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,883 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gumby1234 said:
    Whats with the blue paint/nail polish on the gold coin? Maybe an acetone soak would get that off?

Looks like where the gold plating is thin and the base metal is showing through.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• maymay Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know what that base metal was!

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

The half dollar looks like it is a circulation strike coin (not a proof coin) that has been polished.

• maymay Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    The half dollar looks like it is a circulation strike coin (not a proof coin) that has been polished.

I was just being sarcastic ;). They were my dad’s and he bought a lot of these weird coins. Now I have them and hide them in the basement so I don’t have to look at them! Also, it has no bell lines.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand having coins of sentimental value... I have a couple my Dad kept (he was not a coin collector, but had a few Morgans and some big German, silver coins). Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file