Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Taking a wrack at it, why not? The 2nd Visit!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 18, 2022 1:22PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Yep, couldn't resist. Maybe some varieties?
:*

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whack?

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much downside at 80% of face I suppose, even factoring in the exchange. But what are you going to do with the rejects?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    edited November 18, 2022 4:23PM

@telephoto1 said:
    Not much downside at 80%...

...rejects?
    Not many real rejects with these gems!
    WOW.

<3B)<3

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Here's a
    1964 Nickel

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey you got Beavers attention. 🦫👍🏼
    Nice looking and happy hunting. 1937 is the first year of the beaver reverse. He’s really excited. Doesn’t get much attention on the forum and he’s upset because I haven’t started following the world coin forum 😁
    Here’s his favorite and you will have no problem finding a home for extra nickels. Your fairly close to Canada 🇨🇦.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try not to "wrack" your brain too hard examining those coins. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

There are many, many varieties for both, the 1965 and 1964 Nickels. Also for the 1964 cents. Plenty of examining to do. Just the BU condition of these are worth the $8! Many in PL condition.
    :)

• Options

The Amazing 1965 Cameo

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,

Whack? $10+ of Canadian for $8 US? That is almost thievery! I'd visit that seller every day. Canadian cents are becoming better coins every day because you cannot get them at Canadian banks anymore. They have been recalled since 2013 by the government. The banks are supposed to turn them in when they get them, whether they do or not is anybody's guess.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins Have you ever played wrack-a-mole?

• Options

@rec78 said:

@joeykoins said:
    Hi guys,

Whack? $10+ of Canadian for $8 US? That is almost thievery! I'd visit that seller every day. Canadian cents are becoming better coins every day because you cannot get them at Canadian banks anymore. They have been recalled since 2013 by the government. The banks are supposed to turn them in when they get them, whether they do or not is anybody's guess.

Wow. What great information.
    Thank You!

• Options

The 1964 & 1965

The transitional years

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins ... Some nice looking Canadian coins in there.... @Jzyskowski1... I really like that $20 coin, been thinking about getting one of those... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@rec78 said:

...I'd visit that seller every day...

Well, I took your advice! lol.
    2nd Visit.

Along with a classic Shield Nickel.
    1869 w/ possible RPD?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some nice looking Canadian coins you have pictured!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins You're always keeping it interesting!!!!!
    Fun finds!!!!

• Options

Well, I guess better "Wracking" than "wacking" :D

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Joey, I had a wheck once.
    jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're having fun Joey Baby!.....That's the main thing!...

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Canadian coins go for face value up this way, never had a coin turned away. I'd do that deal every day.

Jim

• Options
    edited November 19, 2022 2:20AM

Some of my fruits, from the 2nd Visit buy.

Love that Maple Leaf Privy!

There are 1937 Matte Finish out there. Could The one on the left, be one?

1967 Rabbit
    Still in the Cellophane

Then,

The 1948 Nickel. Key Coin!

These are just the majority, many more from this purchase.
    Thanks
    ;)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loonies and Toonies!! Love it!

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s a page of nickels. The 1937 is first year of the beavers and they have a variety known as “the dot”
    Look next to date and there’s the dot.
    There’s some in silver from proof sets and some with a special finish like the half dollar.
    Good score my friend 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Love the early date Canadian cents! I have a bunch of "Loonies" and "Toonies" but my Bank will not take them - Is that legal for a US bank not to take Canadian money?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Love the early date Canadian cents! I have a bunch of "Loonies" and "Toonies" but my Bank will not take them - Is that legal for a US bank not to take Canadian money?

Yes. Why wouldn't it be? Canadian money isn't legal tender in the US.

They sometimes take bills but few of them take coins. It's too expensive to ship them back to the motherland.

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Steven59 said:

Yes. Why wouldn't it be? Canadian money isn't legal tender in the US.

They sometimes take bills but few of them take coins. It's too expensive to ship them back to the motherland.

We have only a couple of banks that will exchange foreign paper, and none will exchange foreign coins for the reason above... and the ones that still take paper charge a fee to do the transaction so you need to have enough of it to make it worth your while. For a long time many banks wanted you to pre-roll coins you wanted to deposit and write your account number on each roll...then they could just accept them, count them when they had time and then adjust your deposit accordingly. One of the main reasons they stopped and went to just having you bring them in loose was because they were getting stuck with too much Canadian...

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file