Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1912 D Wheat Penny (uncentered broadstruck)

HodgeHodge Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited November 14, 2022 3:24PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Found a box of coins in a storage unit I bought today, this is one of many. Thoughts ?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2022 2:46PM
    Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2022 3:02PM

Welcome-

You may want to reconsider and edit the title to include uncentered broadstruck to capture opinions as to rarity and whether it should be submitted- In looking at the coin, it really is very cool and something that I do not see often

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share photos of any of the others?

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most storage units have just trash in them so this is a good find.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2022 4:09PM

• Options

• Options

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @Hodge and welcome to the PCGS Forum :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Very nice Commemoratives!! 👍🏻 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

• Options

If you plan on sticking around here for a while, let's start with some basics. Always try and take pictures of your coins outside the holders. Do each coin just like you did the 12-D. A good picture with great lighting and focus.

What's happening here?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure about the others but the commems look pretty nice and original to boot! Good score.

Tom

• Options

If I had to guess PMD ?

• Options

@Hodge said:
    If I had to guess PMD ?

Hmmm, maybe. Maybe not.

The plastic flips don't help with the pictures.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins - I'd send in the 12-D Cent and get it atributed (is that the right terminology?)

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    edited November 14, 2022 9:07PM

@Steven59 said:
    Nice coins - I'd send in the 12-D Cent and get it atributed (is that the right terminology?)

No, that's the wrong terminology. It's not atributed, it's attributed!! Don't make me come over there! 🤣 😂

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hodge.... Welcome aboard. Nice find on the cent... send that one in. Good lookin commemoratives as well. That is quite a nice batch of coins for a find in a storage unit. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice off center cent. Commemorative coins look nice also.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some nice finds. I strongly recommend getting them out of those holders as from the looks of them they likely contain PVC and are not fit for long term storage.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    Picker1954Picker1954 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2022 11:39AM
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find. I always wondered why people leave coins in storage units. It's not like they take up a lot of space.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file