Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Auction Price realized = " REPORT ITEM TOOL" what am I missing?

jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 11, 2022 5:18AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So I have numerous sales not recorded of some low end multi hundred dollar items, and a boatload of high end stuff
All sold on eBay in the last 6-9 months.
When I go view the PSA Auction Prices Realized there's this little blurb below that tells me I can report missing info
Yet no matter where I look- registry, APR, my account , profile, site map- this " Report Item Tool" is nowhere to be found

What am I missing?? Or is this function just non-existent ,and someone forgot to remove or just never activated it ??
It's annoying because these sales are genuine, older than 6 months,but still 2022, and more accurate than 2019 data being shown

There are so many missing on the high side of a whole slew of PSA 10 sales, yet a bunch of my low end stuff shows. Go figure :s

>
>
>

Comments

• Options

I think you can only report errors on auctions it already showing in the tool. Sometimes it misclassifies things, and I always use that button to report the errors I find because I like using the tool to gauge and estimated value of my collection.

I did reach out to customer service once asking about the logic as to why some auctions are picked up by the tool, and others are not. I did not really receive a sufficient answer. They said:

"The APR is not a manually maintained resource. It is automatically updated daily with results from auction houses such as Ebay, Heritage, and Memory Lane.

There can be various reasons why an item doesn’t show up on APR, but it’s usually because it’s not an auction (aka Buy It Now). "

That last sentence isn't really accurate as I find tons of genuine eBay auctions (not BIN) that are missing from APR.

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2022 12:17PM

If it helps, they miss 10s of thousands of auctions of legitimate sales but immediately post sales from auction houses with inflated bids--only to later become relisted and sold for around 50% of that posted high...

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@secretstash said:
    If it helps, they miss 10s of thousands of auctions of legitimate sales but immediately post sales from auction houses with inflated bids--only to later become relisted and sold for around 50% of that posted high...

You sound skeptical.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2022 12:53PM

@olb31 said:

@secretstash said:

You sound skeptical.

Ask questions. Find out why their code ignores certain auction houses, yet others have a direct feed (non-Goldin). Who developed or paid for this and why?

Your intuition already knows...

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

@MarshallFaulk28 said:
    I think you can only report errors on auctions it already showing in the tool. Sometimes it mis-classifies things, and I always use that button to report the errors I find because I like using the tool to gauge and estimated value of my collection.

I did reach out to customer service once asking about the logic as to why some auctions are picked up by the tool, and others are not. I did not really receive a sufficient answer. They said:

"The APR is not a manually maintained resource. It is automatically updated daily with results from auction houses such as Ebay, Heritage, and Memory Lane.

There can be various reasons why an item doesn’t show up on APR, but it’s usually because it’s not an auction (aka Buy It Now). "

That last sentence isn't really accurate as I find tons of genuine eBay auctions (not BIN) that are missing from APR.

Think maybe the code then needs to be reviewed and further tweaked. No way does it automatically update "daily"
    I mean auction prices during Covid years and now are vastly different. During Covid prices were depressed in some areas and inflated in others. They discard them because it doesn't fit?

Why did they buy Cardladder, which supposedly has data from " 14 platforms" , if it also doesn't show reality?
    Just trying to strengthen things up

I've found PSA to deal professionally when a critique of a service is given that helps them understand what the hobbyists and business people see, because strengthening their products is something they want. Fairly certain they are not deliberately using "selective" pricing, just think programming wise with eBay's messed up API, it probably needs further refinement internally at PSA

A few examples below- I could show hundreds of missed auctions. Like people said- missing tens of thousands isn't out of the realm of reality. Strangely I was the buyer of that $72.11 Thomas right when Covid started- tons of slabs went cheap as dirt. Frankly was shocked it went so low as my snipe was nuclear well above the final price

And @secretstash -sigh- profits above ethics = Honestly- is that a surprise to any grown adult B)

>
    >
    >

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    And another one
    >
    >
    >

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

The PSA Auction Price Tool is so bad I just started using SMR . . .

• Options

I see auction houses like eBay (incomplete as it may be), Memory Lane, REA, Sirius, and a couple of others. Many are notably absent. Does anyone know how to get a list of the auction house they have integrations with, and how to lobby to add others?

• Options

@CardCollector67 said:
    I see auction houses like eBay (incomplete as it may be), Memory Lane, REA, Sirius, and a couple of others. Many are notably absent. Does anyone know how to get a list of the auction house they have integrations with, and how to lobby to add others?

I'd suggest reaching out to @danvantran on Twitter. He's the CTO of Collector's and does respond to people. He answered me quickly when I reported the tool was not working a while back.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters

If you have the App, when you pull up any item and click edit, you can enter any basic sales data you like. Price, date, buyer (only done eBay). Guessing it’s accessible but harder to find in your inventory section.

See if that works…

…and good luck to you, good sir.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CardCollector67 said:

Keep in mind that PSA likely doesn't have the right to display any (major) auction data that it doesn't already display.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2023 5:44AM

The prices realized were updated 1-2x per week during the pandemic bubble. Now most I've looked at still reflect values from late 21 or early 22 or are missing data. PSA Grading charges are based by what THEY deem to be be market value and the tools they provide my guess are not done for charity.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:
    The prices realized were updated 1-2x per week during the pandemic bubble. Now most I've looked at still reflect values from late 21 or early 22 or are missing data. PSA Grading charges are based by what THEY deem to be be market value and the tools they provide my guess are not done for charity.

I have said this before but I believe that the consistency of updates slowed considerably once Collectors Universe purchased CardLadder.com and I imagined, at the time (and now), that they wouldn’t continue to pour export, assets and revenue into both products, what with their being so similar in nature and purpose.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Thanks to all. It is frustrating that correct and complete data that they seemingly have access to is not reflected in their tools/apps. Integrations with eBay, Memory Lane, REA, Sirius, Goldin, etc have been around for them for a while and every once in a while (I purchase from all of those as well as many others) the card data is quickly if not immediately reflected but it is more an exception than the rule. It seems that the partnership with Goldin works well - both the card sold price and the image of the card shows up in PSA almost immediately (pseudo-real time) after the purchase is complete. It would be nice for them to allocate their budget and resources to making the data from the other auction houses immediately availabel as well.

Does anyone know if PSA monitors these forums?