Home Metal Detecting
Options

End of the season for me...

I'm thinking it's the end of the season for me as the weather is changing and it's getting colder, so my totals as of yesterday are as follows... Attached images are the two rings I found yesterday... One silver for sure with stones all around it and the other I believe is 12k white gold doesn't feel like silver to me. Going to take to a jewler to get tested as the mark is extremely dirty there for difficult to get a definitive reading.

Cents- 666
1952d wheat
1956d wheat
1941 wheat
1946d wheat
Nickels- 122
Dimes- 224
Quarters- 142
Halves- 5
Dollars-3
Sacagawea 2011d
Sacagawea 2000d
James Madison 2007d
James Buchanan
Cash- 40.00

Total- 76.16 (w/ cash 116.16)

Rings- 7
1- Turquoise heart
1- tungsten
3- silver
1- black opal
1- 12k gold

Earnings- 7

Silver/ gold plated brass bullrider cross
St Benedict's medal key charm
Heart necklace (no chain)
Chinese token/coin
Pocket watch
Milk bottle token

Comments

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plus, you can add fresh air and exercise to your list. Congrats on a successful season.

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭

In my experience here in Northern Illinois, it's not unusual after an initial freeze for the weather to warm up enough for metal detecting at least a few times during the winter.

Several times over the years I've thought my season was over and then two weeks later the temperatures were in the 40s or higher.

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:
    Plus, you can add fresh air and exercise to your list. Congrats on a successful season.

Thanks and I did have a good season, if I could have only gotten out more than I did lol but I did pretty well as I got several good rings including my first tungsten and a silver cross with bull rider lol

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a good haul, one has to be happy with rings, jmo 🙂

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gene2393... Great totals... When you listed 'cash', I assume you mean paper currency. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @gene2393... Great totals... When you listed 'cash', I assume you mean paper currency. Cheers, RickO

Yes it was great totals and yes I was talking about paper currency

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    That's a good haul, one has to be happy with rings, jmo 🙂

Yep

• Options
    edited November 16, 2022 11:32AM

Haha checked my pocket change this morning and found this 2019 w San Antonio missions. My second W since they came out the last one was a 2020 v75

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is great... Hard to find in the wild. The only one I have found in the wild was in the Coinstar reject bin. None in change, and I purchase with cash a lot. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    That is great... Hard to find in the wild. The only one I have found in the wild was in the Coinstar reject bin. None in change, and I purchase with cash a lot. Cheers, RickO

I use cash my self 99 percent of the time and still have only found 2, it's crazy to think how many could still be out there

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

You did well.