Home U.S. Coin Forum

Another CoinX St. Louis show report.

My drive to the St. Charles convention center is just slightly under 2 hours. I arrived around 11:00. Much like @golden said in his report I walked the bourse quickly at first because I didn’t see much that was on my list. I also agree that it had a subdued feel. July was better. I ended up walking the entire bourse many times. This did used to be called something like “The Silver Dollar and Rare Coin expo” and silver dollars were in abundance, to the exclusion I believe, of other series’.

The show there in July had a better vibe and definitely more variety. There seemed to be a lot more bullion being displayed and sold this time as well. Besides silver dollars, there were a lot of nice gold coins. Walking Liberties weren’t abundant, imo, and I only got one. I had planned to get more.

So I moved lower on my priority list to gold for my type set. Got 2 nice examples. By that time I was down to a few hundred left in my budget. Decided I’d look for small gold coin for close to melt on my way out, but something interesting or old. I bought the Dutch gold coin not knowing much about it besides its gold content and price. When I got home I looked up Queen Willhelmina and got a really great history lesson. One of the great parts of the hobby, and it made me really like that coin.

On my way home headed west on 70, right around the time I made it from urban sprawl to rural area, the front right tire of my truck blew out going about 75mph. I safely made it to the shoulder right by the Jonesburg exit, if anyone knows the area. By coincidence I had signed up for AAA 2 months ago. They had me back on the road in 49 minutes. All in all everything worked out alright. I consider it a good day despite the tire fiasco.

Comments

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdamL said:

On my way home headed west on 70, right around the time I made it from urban sprawl to rural area, the front right tire of my truck blew out going about 75mph. I safely made it to the shoulder right by the Jonesburg exit, if anyone knows the area. By coincidence I had signed up for AAA 2 months ago. They had me back on the road in 49 minutes. All in all everything worked out alright. I consider it a good day despite the tire fiasco.

I call blowing out a tire at 75 MPH with not only no injury but no apparent structural damage a good day regardless of what else happened. Back on the road in 49 minutes is gravy.

• AdamLAdamL Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

I was amazed there wasn't damage as well. Definitely blessed to be safe as well.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins! Got a few grades for us?

And thanks for the report!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin acquisitions are excellent, your defensive driving skills as well! Thanks for the report. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report! Glad you were able to maneuver off the road safely, my experience with AAA was much different. Been a member 3 years and never used the service, a few months ago my car stalled out during a flash flood at 2 in the morning. Dispatcher tells me “oh well a driver isn’t able to come out if the road is still flooded”. I sat there for 3 hours until the city was able to tow me, I cancelled my membership when I got home.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdamL ... Thanks for an interesting report. Glad you came through the tire incident so well. Very nice coins, I like them all. The WLH is in great shape. Cheers, RickO

@DeplorableDan said:
    Thanks for the report! Glad you were able to maneuver off the road safely, my experience with AAA was much different. Been a member 3 years and never used the service, a few months ago my car stalled out during a flash flood at 2 in the morning. Dispatcher tells me “oh well a driver isn’t able to come out if the road is still flooded”. I sat there for 3 hours until the city was able to tow me, I cancelled my membership when I got home.

If that had been my experience I would have cancelled it too.

edited November 7, 2022 12:45PM

@SurfinxHI said:
    Nice coins! Got a few grades for us?

And thanks for the report!

Grades? Sure :)

• goldengolden Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report. Glad that you are ok.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report.

• RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice report, thanks for posting it, and glad you weren't injured when your tire blew out!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

All good grades and coin, I like 👍

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file