Home Sports Talk

Tom Brady 2023?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is due to hit free agency in 2023, what do you think he'll do, how long do you think he'll continue to play now that Gisele is out the way?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, the truth is he just loves the game so much, I think he's happiest when he's on the football field, it's hard for him to let go. Theoretically he could play for a long time to come.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was on the record here as saying this would be his last year. I was saying that before the divorce. Before the season. As of this moment, I'm not dialed in enough to this situation to make a strong prediction. Lame duck year. That's never been his MO.

I will say this...if someone here is willing to give me 10,000-1 odds that he plays in NE again, I'd be willing to put a Washington on that.

I think he will be back next year, he just loves the game so much, and Gisele isn't there to pressure him. Mark my words, he'll be back.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he comes back too. He just chose football over his marriage and to just retire after this season ends begs the question was it even worth it. Send him back to NE and let the Brady/Mac/Zappe drama begin!

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope he leaves before they tell him to not come back.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@erikthredd said:
    I think he comes back too. He just chose football over his marriage and to just retire after this season ends begs the question was it even worth it. Send him back to NE and let the Brady/Mac/Zappe drama begin!

This could all work out perfectly. Maybe we can just speak it into fruition.

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

If Tom comes cheap we’re still due to have a ton of cap space this offseason.
    The AFCE would be a beast again for other divisions.

I also worry about Aaron Rodgers, the season isn't going to well for him, I wonder how much longer he'll play. I mean, just look at this latest photo of Rodgers, you can tell he's under a lot of stress.

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I know it's a "pipe dream", but I'd be willing to give the guy a multi year deal.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon guys, only rock stars and farmers never retire.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be about the same if Brady retires and we just put a statue of him on the field?
    Same mobility and everything, I would be concerned about the refs calling too many roughing the statue penalties.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he will be back.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will end like this movie

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

I know it's a "pipe dream", but I'd be willing to give the guy a multi year deal.

If that's the case then we gotta get Mac's trade value up between now and then. 😎

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

but I'd be willing to give the guy a multi year deal.

yeahhhhh, i'd like to request a, um, wellness check for my friend Eric? yeah, he's been, like, saying some crazy things lately? so if an officer of the law could uh, maybe swing by his house after he leaves dunkin donuts?

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

yeahhhhh, i'd like to request a, um, wellness check for my friend Eric? yeah, he's been, like, saying some crazy things lately? so if an officer of the law could uh, maybe swing by his house after he leaves dunkin donuts?

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I just checked NE's cap space situation right before posting my previous comment and look who will be loaded with available cap space this offseason...https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/
    This should be a huge offseason for Chicago.

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I just checked NE's cap space situation right before posting my previous comment and look who will be loaded with available cap space this offseason...https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

I am state-certified crazy! Thanks for askin' thesaurus. My envision for Brady's "end", back when he was still a Patriot, went something like this...

He stays with the team as long as he wants, playing until "he sucks", however he defines that. Even if things decline, or there are bad years, it all just plays out, because as I've said...after 28-3, it's all gravy.

So I would give him the multi-year deal, no matter how he looks, just to have him back in a Patriots uniform.

@thisistheshow said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

I am state-certified crazy! Thanks for askin' thesaurus. My envision for Brady's "end", back when he was still a Patriot, went something like this...

He stays with the team as long as he wants, playing until "he sucks", however he defines that. Even if things decline, or there are bad years, it all just plays out, because as I've said...after 28-3, it's all gravy.

So I would give him the multi-year deal, no matter how he looks, just to have him back in a Patriots uniform.

I couldnt agree more. If any athlete in american pro sports deserves to go out on HIS terms and not all of our terms, it is Thomas Edward Patrick Brady.

I would sign him till he is 50 if he would come back to NE.

edited November 3, 2022 11:18AM

@erikthredd said:

Lord i would hope so, we've been feverishly unloading our best players like they are alien minerals. i approve of Claypool. quick, someone name the Bears receivers prior to that deal. if you're an NFL diehard you could probably spit out Darnell Mooney, but then who? exactly. call me crazy, but adding a guy to the roster who people are actually familiar with is probably a good thing for a young quarterback.

but we need more. lots more.

from the tips of your fingers to Ryan Poles' (Bears GM) eyeballs

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

quick, someone name the Bears receivers prior to that deal

Well you also had N'keal Harry who NE traded to Chi-town not to long ago. I did find it ironic that he had plenty to say about the Bears winning his "revenge" game a couple weeks back and silencing the crowd with his one reception for 14yds.

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

Well you also had N'keal Harry who NE traded to Chi-town not to long ago. I did find it ironic that he had plenty to say about the Bears winning his "revenge" game a couple weeks back and silencing the crowd with his one reception for 14yds.

last week he doubled up his production with 2 catches and a house call

baby steps lol

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

baby steps lol

After that amount of physical exertion we wouldn't see him again for 6-8 weeks during his Pats days. 😎

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

@galaxy27 said:

@erikthredd said:

baby steps lol

After that amount of physical exertion we wouldn't see him again for 6-8 weeks during his Pats days. 😎

I'd take the over.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I also worry about Aaron Rodgers, the season isn't going to well for him, I wonder how much longer he'll play. I mean, just look at this latest photo of Rodgers, you can tell he's under a lot of stress.

How did Dennis Eckersley get in here. :D

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recently TB did attend Krafts wedding. Maybe they talked.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,838 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2022 8:48AM

Maybe you will get your wish, @doubledragon, and the Panthers will pick him up. I know he wanted to go to Miami, but I can’t see them being that stupid. Since you know the Panther organization better than I, perhaps they are. They gave Cam Neelly a second shot.

He can still play some. The current Bucks coaching staff doesn’t have what it takes, and he’s got only one reliable receiver. Still he’s showing his age and never accept a spot, like Joe Namath did at the end, as a back-up. Brady will pull the plug.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady's skill set is going down but the personnel around him this year are under-performing. He still has the quickest release in the league and those quick passes are what has made him who he is in part. It is not helping him to yell at his teammates publicly in games when the chips are down, not a good look. I think he was a fool to come back this year, allowed his ego to destroy his marriage, wow. What he does next year, who knows but probably his superbowls are over.

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@spacehayduke said:
    Brady's skill set is going down but the personnel around him this year are under-performing. He still has the quickest release in the league and those quick passes are what has made him who he is in part. It is not helping him to yell at his teammates publicly in games when the chips are down, not a good look. I think he was a fool to come back this year, allowed his ego to destroy his marriage, wow. What he does next year, who knows but probably his superbowls are over.

Why do you assume the reason for the divorce? As far as I know, neither party has released a reason.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@spacehayduke said:

Why do you assume the reason for the divorce? As far as I know, neither party has released a reason.

Well I assume bc that is what we do in these situations. We do know that his wife was upset when he re-upped this year after the big drama of retiring and since he has said he wants to keep going, and she has said she wanted to have him around more. So that is why I assume despite no official word. The guy is clearly a chump who chose playing with the boys and his ego over his family. JMHO.

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

@spacehayduke said:

@craig44 said:

@spacehayduke said:

Well I assume bc that is what we do in these situations. We do know that his wife was upset when he re-upped this year after the big drama of retiring and since he has said he wants to keep going, and she has said she wanted to have him around more. So that is why I assume despite no official word. The guy is clearly a chump who chose playing with the boys and his ego over his family. JMHO.

simple conjecture. You think you know, but you dont know. only the 2 of them and their close friends/attorneys really know.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can he make it till 49? I doubt it........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"