Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2022 1:34PM

and then your kicker misses a chippy for the W

i'm not even a Carolina fan and i can't watch this anymore :D

• Options

sorry bro, that was very difficult to watch. i was rooting hard for your boys.

that was a snatching victory from the jaws of defeat, immediately followed by a snatching defeat from the jaws of victory scenario if ever there was one

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 49 yard kick is not “a chippy.” The blame goes to the receiver who took off his helmet. Atlanta got a FG in OT and will probably win the game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

A 49 yard kick is not “a chippy.” The blame goes to the receiver who took off his helmet. Atlanta got a FG in OT and will probably win the game.

Bill the Carolina kicker missed a 32-yd FG in overtime to win the game

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know, I didn't even watch one second of the game, I just checked the score periodically. I couldn't even tell you what went wrong, but I knew SOMETHING would go wrong, it usually does, and that's why I didn't watch, just too much stress. Being a Panthers fan over the years has turned my hair solid white, and I'm only 41 years old.

• Options

You think I'm kidding about the stress of being a Panthers fan, just look at these photos of me that my wife took, she's been documenting my decline.

Me five years ago.

Me today.

• Options

The proper strategy is to ignore the team when it sucks and get interested when it gets better. As an Eagles’, Phillies and Patriots fan in the pre Brady era, that was the way to survive. I had an extended psychosis when the Phillies blew the pennant in 1964. That experience taught me that no team is worth it.

Otherwise you become a jaded fan, like @doubledragon, who only celebrates when the Panthers win. His alternative is to become a Cowboys fan when you don’t live in Dallas. That is a sign that you have a home team neurosis.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The proper strategy is to ignore the team when it sucks and get interested when it gets better. As an Eagles’, Phillies and Patriots fan in the pre Brady era, that was the way to survive. I had an extended psychosis when the Phillies blew the pennant in 1964. That experience taught me that no team is worth it.

Otherwise you become a jaded fan, like @doubledragon, who only celebrates when the Panthers win. His alternative is to become a Cowboys fan when you don’t live in Dallas. That is a sign that you have a home team neurosis.

Dallas kicked butt today, go Cowboys!

• Options

I will never sell out to the Dallas Cowboys. I might hope they win against a team that targeted a player I support, like the LA Rams, but to root for the Cowboys, that aian’t happening unless they are playing Muslim Terrorists.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@BillJones said:

Bill the Carolina kicker missed a 32-yd FG in overtime to win the game

I didn’t know that. They stopped showing the Panthers game at the end regulation on TV. Then coverage switched to the Giants- Seattle game. Since I don’t care for either team, I did other things.