WalkerloverWalkerlover Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 1, 2022 5:46PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Where did you see this for sale

• WalkerloverWalkerlover Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

@younique said:
    Where did you see this for sale

Am I allowed to say? Since it’s currently up for sale.

why not

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea; buy the coin, not the holder.

Calling for moderators

@younique said:
    Calling for moderators

Why moderators?

edited October 29, 2022 11:28PM

@younique said:
    Calling for moderators

Is it your coin?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show the coin..... Cheers, RickO

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang missed out again, serious fomo.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
    edited October 30, 2022 11:32AM

@ricko said:

Is it against forum rules and or ethics to comment on a coin currently for sale on a website? I am fairly new here

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally it's ok to post about coins for sale or on websites.

It could be considered bad form to post on a current auction with bids as someone here may be interested in that coin and by promoting it, they may lose it or pay substantially higher.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:

@ricko said:

Is it against forum rules and or ethics to comment on a coin currently for sale on a website? I am fairly new here

To my knowledge, it’s not against forum rules and it’s not particularly unusual to see it done here. However, some posters frown upon it, as comments have the potential to (unfairly) interfere with a sale.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

edited October 30, 2022 12:53PM

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@ricko said:

To my knowledge, it’s not against forum rules and it’s not particularly unusual to see it done here. However, some posters frown upon it, as comments have the potential to (unfairly) interfere with a sale.

Thanks for sharing this information. Apparently the owner of this coin or maybe a friend of his got upset that I critiqued his overpriced awful dog of a coin that he is trying to lure someone uneducated into buying. He uses the false adjective original toning Lol.
    I will post when the coin is off the site, or if enough forum members demand to see this coin, and are okay with me posting it.

edited October 31, 2022 12:31AM

There is no owner of that coin because it doesn't exist in a PCGS slab. Screenshot of fake 1936-S, ms66 Bay Bridge in original post e-mailed to host.

Go ahead and share with forum. Why not just re-post title & cert # that doesn't exist?

edited November 1, 2022 1:47AM

@younique said:
    There is no owner of that coin because it doesn't exist in a PCGS slab. Screenshot of fake 1936-S, ms66 Bay Bridge in original post e-mailed to host.

Go ahead and share with forum. Why not just re-post title & cert # that doesn't exist?

Okay but how do you know it is fake and doesn’t exist? What’s your information you can show to your point.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@younique said:

The cert # exists and is legitimate. I see nothing wrong with that coin.

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@ricko said:

Thanks for sharing this information. Apparently the owner of this coin or maybe a friend of his got upset that I critiqued his overpriced awful dog of a coin that he is trying to lure someone uneducated into buying. He uses the false adjective original toning Lol.
    I will post when the coin is off the site, or if enough forum members demand to see this coin, and are okay with me posting it.

That is "original toning" and quite common because of the way these were packaged and sold.

• yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cert number links to a 1936-S MS-66.
    https://www.pcgs.com/cert/32730903

What is supposed to be fake? The photo?

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

• TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 9:14AM

What a cluster boo boo! I saw the coin and my first thought was-Wow....that's nice and original! Having been fooled by the first couple of these I purchased raw- they are often found cleaned- I determined to purchase future coins of this type slabbed! Lesson learned.

Tom

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

This could be a very educational thread if you skip over some of the posts.

edited November 1, 2022 12:18PM

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

That may well be but clearly, there are those who do not know what "original toning" for this issue looks like. And learning that might be useful for those folks.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 1:00PM

Thread should be poofed. And FWIW I don't mind the look of the coin and it probably looks lustrous and very nice in hand.

• jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin looks completely original and fairly graded. What a weird thread.

@Walkerlover said:
    Forum member Yonique claims it is fake and doesn’t exist. What do you think?

Forum member "Yonique" doesn't appear to exist.

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

That may well be but clearly, there are those who do not know what "original toning" for this issue looks like. And learning that might be useful for those folks.

Yes, though this thread is so muddled that message is lost in the nonsense.

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

Original is not necessarily attractive or graded correctly. Appearance of the coin is certainly original but not really toned. Coin is dull white dog. No eye appeal whatsoever.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2022 2:58PM

It's not good form to go back and delete posts, especially the first one that had all the context and photos. It makes the thread totally useless for future reference.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover, I would suggest you just let this thread die and refrain from posting to it anymore after the hatchet job you have already performed.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

@Walkerlover said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

Original is not necessarily attractive or graded correctly. Appearance of the coin is certainly original but not really toned. Coin is dull white dog. No eye appeal whatsoever.

That is not what you wrote. You accused the seller of lying.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Walkerlover said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MasonG said:

Idk. I learned nothing.

That is not what you wrote. You accused the seller of lying.

Sorry for the confusion but the poster yonnique threatened to call moderators, then later fooled me into believing the coin was a fake of some sort and told me to repost. Original post was strictly about the grading of the coin only. Apologies to all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file