Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fastest pcgs submission ever?

PppPpp Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭

Hats off to pcgs 👏
Great job

Pcgs received my modern bulk submission of 26 coins (5 different types) on October 26th and I was just notified my grades are in. Three days that’s all it took for my coins to go through the grading process.

18 of the 26 coins graded pf69 or higher.

Has anyone ever have such a quick turnaround?
🙂

Comments

• Options
    CentSearcherCentSearcher Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

What?? That's insane, good for you!

I got the grades from my February submission just a few days ago :D

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just mailed an economy order of 6 with attribution on Wednesday. I should have looked first to see what the turn around times were FIRST. It's at 95 business days for economy with Baltimore and FUN and several big holidays during that time period. Guess I wont be seeing them back till April, if I am lucky.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I understand it the bulks are done by a different part/group than non bulk. Perhaps bulk submissions have caught up.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... That is the fastest turnaround I have heard of.... at least in the last couple of years. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a bulk submission and bulk is pretty much dead this time of year. Thats why the quarterly special on bulk coins. Try it in January and see how long it takes.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes a week just to get notification that your registered package arrived.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

But you basically needed all of your coins to grade 70 just to break even. I guess knowing you’re gonna take a loss in 3 days vs 3 months is a positive?

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I remember Stephanie in bulk many moons ago. Go to person for everything and superb on non-bulk as well. Keep wondering if Stephanie Sabin ever spent time there years ago. Hmmm

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭

Coinscratch: it took only two days to get the submission from received to grading therefore total time from day of receipt at pcgs was less than seven days.

I included four 1986 ASE in this submission and they all graded pf69.
    The remaining modern Pennie’s and nickels my total cost ranged from $23- graded to $11- not graded.

1madman: yup, your right I only got two 70s and the rest, except the ASEs, are money losers based on greysheet but breakeven to positive based on pcgs price guide.
    Regardless, I had fun doing this. However, I wish I would have gotten a few more 70s. 🙂

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ppp send more next time ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file