Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Walker NEWP please comment and GTG

Hello all. I'm seeking opinions on a new purchase. I knew about the spots when I got it. Hadn't been able to see the finger print in the right obverse field (truthfully didn't notice until I took the pics). Love the overall look of the coin, I am a fan of hazy light color. What do you guys think? Too hazy? Too spotty? Does the not so noticeable print kill it for you guys? To me the coin is relatively clean, well struck, and looks original.

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice strike, nice luster, appears to be some faint light blue toning on the obverse.
    A little chatter, a few spots, and the faint print slightly detract from an otherwise gem walker.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2022 9:03PM

The coin looks Gem 65. Decent strike and nice luster. The only distraction that I see are the fingerprints.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    d9lowed9lowe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

I dont see it being less than a 66. Ill go 66+ as my final answer!

• Options
    ldhairldhair Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

Larry

• Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely struck. Is the mark from top of eagle's wing a die crack? Spotting and haze around 'Half' (hopefully on the holder plastic). MS64.
    The strike is a strong attribute. Nice coin.

• Options
    justindanjustindan Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a 65 to me.... Coin has luster, some minor marks.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 - strike is too weak to make 65+.

• Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking coin. 65

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

well struck in my opinion, Luster and strike make up for the spots
    I say MS 65

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Nice strike, nice luster, appears to be some faint light blue toning on the obverse.
    A little chatter, a few spots, and the faint print slightly detract from an otherwise gem walker.

Spot on, I'm at 65

• Options
    bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

@Walkerguy21D said:

The rim on the front and portions of the back have hazy blue color to them. The coin is really flashy and appealing in hand.

@JBN said:
    Nicely struck. Is the mark from top of eagle's wing a die crack? Spotting and haze around 'Half' (hopefully on the holder plastic). MS64.
    The strike is a strong attribute. Nice coin.

That is indeed a die crack. And the spotting on the reverse is all on the holder.

Thanks everyone for their guesses and comments. I'll reveal the grade tonight.

• Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking coin. I'm in the MS 65 camp.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    bagofnickelsbagofnickels Posts: 349 ✭✭✭✭

Alright folks a handful got it right. Coin is 66. I like it and think it has solid eye appeal for the grade.

Thanks to those who participated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file