Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2022 P Maya Angelou Multiple Struck Thru (Gouged Eye)

Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting find... Was it in a roll you searched?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like minor planchet issues. I'd spend it.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@ricko said:
    Interesting find... Was it in a roll you searched?? Cheers, RickO

Yes

• Options

@DelawareDoons said:
    Looks like minor planchet issues. I'd spend it.

:p

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like George contracted a herpatic eye infection. Put it in your error binder. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't surprise me that there would be so many problems with the Laura Gardin Fraser coins.

The relief on them is more of a 1930ish era coin. Look at what the original Washington Quarter by Flanagan looks like compared to the hollow, low relief modern versions that have ever so slowly been paired down to where they almost look flat.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@BuffaloIronTail said:
    It doesn't surprise me that there would be so many problems with the Laura Gardin Fraser coins.

The relief on them is more of a 1930ish era coin. Look at what the original Washington Quarter by Flanagan looks like compared to the hollow, low relief modern versions that have ever so slowly been paired down to where they almost look flat.

Pete

2022 was a bad year for the P mint. Good for those that collect errors. I believe in time alot of changes will be made. We won't see as much of this in the future.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coin_nut1977 said:

@BuffaloIronTail said:

Pete

2022 was a bad year for the P mint. Good for those that collect errors. I believe in time alot of changes will be made. We won't see as much of this in the future.

Agreed. Philly has been pretty sloppy lately.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file