Home Sports Talk
Options

LeBron is on an 0-4 team for the first time since his rookie season

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do the Lakers even make the playoffs?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

I’m just not sure how many guys in LA even care about basketball or winning any more - or care in the NBA, in general - but especially the Lakers. They all have exorbitant sums of money and live in or near Los Angeles and LeBron James and Anthony Davis feel like they accomplished their mission already with the “bubble” title.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2022 5:17PM

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@craig44 said:

I’m just not sure how many guys in LA even care about basketball or winning any more - or care in the NBA, in general....

Not Many....

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the only way that they make the playoffs is if the Lakers GM bites the bullet and hands over one of their future (2027 or 2029) first round picks along with Westbrook in a deal to ship him elsewhere,something that he doesn't want to do.
    There have been rumors that Utah is willing to take on Westbrook's contract plus one of those picks for 2-3 players that could immediately help LA but its been the Lakers holding back on that deal from what I've read.

The Jazz traded away Donovan Mitchell & Rudy Gobert so that they could tank for a player that is considered the best NBA prospect coming into the league since Lebron, French center Victor Wembanyama. Problem is,someone forgot to tell the remaining Jazz players that they're supposed to be losing games not start the season by winning 4 of their first 5 games. 😂
    If the Jazz keep winning they might make the deal just to break that remaining group up and have Westbrook just sit out the season while getting paid.

There are other teams (Hornets/Spurs/Pacers) rumored to have talked with the Lakers about Westbrook but not everyone thinks that one Lakers future first round pick is worth taking on his 47M salary. Also some of these teams might not want to help the Lakers get better. With Lebron most likely leaving LA at the end of next season the Lakers are going to be even worse and those first round picks 3-4 years down the road will be needed to be rebuild.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i've watched a couple of Lakers games and they can't hit the broad side of a barn from downtown............DFL @ 22.3%

makes me jubilant to see LBJ flaming away on a crap team

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

LeCoach wanted this team. He Got it and I hope it goes down in flames

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

And the Cavs travel to LA on Nov 6th - should be a fun game to watch. Will James sit that one out with a mysterious ailment?? :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    And the Cavs travel to LA on Nov 6th - should be a fun game to watch. Will James sit that one out with a mysterious ailment?? :D

The Cavs got the Celtics tonight in Boston. We're missing guys in our front court,your missing some in the backcourt, hopefully we get a good game.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

The Cavs got the Celtics tonight in Boston. We're missing guys in our front court,your missing some in the backcourt, hopefully we get a good game.

Yeah, can't wait! Garland is out for the game though. Rumors had it he may be playing tonight but has since been ruled out.
    Celtics at the Cavs Nov 2nd also........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@erikthredd said:

Yeah, can't wait! Garland is out for the game though. Rumors had it he may be playing tonight but has since been ruled out.
    Celtics at the Cavs Nov 2nd also........

I didn't know that Garland was this close to coming back, I figured you're missing Garland & Rubio,we're missing Rob Williams & Grant Williams,two of our top 3 bigs. We got killed on the boards in our last game at Chicago so now half of our fanbase are ready to dive off the Tobin Bridge just thinking how bad it might get with Mobley & Allen coming to town lol.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of tonight, 0-5.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

but he has unfriended the Dallas Cowboys because they are pro National Anthem

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems lately many of the old guard,LeBron,Brady,Rodgers,Ryan are losing to father time.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Which team lands their first win before the other,the Kings or the Lakers?
    Next 4 games for the Kings:
    Miami @ home
    @ Charlotte
    @ Miami
    @ Orlando

Next 4 games for the Lakers:
    Denver @ home
    New Orleans @ home
    Utah @ home
    Cleveland @ home

I could see the Kings beating the Hornets or Magic on the road while LA is on a pretty tough four game homestand which could get even tougher if Anthony Davis is going to miss multiple games over the next week.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just love the fact that it's still October and LeBron's season is already over

there's gonna be plenty of time to hang with Lily

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    i just love the fact that it's still October and LeBron's season is already over

there's gonna be plenty of time to hang with Lily

I have (unfortunately) seen the commercials, but had to Google it. Didnt know her name.

About the only positive thing I can say about LeBron really, besides his game, is that it is extremely rare for someone so anointed as an amateur to be so successful.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

they dress Lily down a lot for those commercials

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think Lily and LBJ are together. I think they are with stand-ins.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

0-5. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

He really cant complain, He did choose the roster

• Options

Lakers now clocking in with a 3-10 record. Lebaby averaging 24.9 the second lowest FG% of his career, and 23.9% for 3pt.

why is he taking any 3s at all? He is averaging 7 3pt attempts/game. crazy.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw that Phoenix may want to trade for that wanker.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

I think what's more surprising than the Lakers 3-10 record has to be Golden State at 6-9. This current Warriors team looks nothing like the one that just won a Title.Its like everyone on the Dubs aside from Steph has regressed.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

The current crop of elder NBA stars either have entered, or will soon enter the twilight of their careers. They will react to this in multiple and varied ways (some with grace and class; and some kicking and screaming). No doubt that they will be supplanted and replaced with younger, equally talented players.

It would not surprise me to see Curry stay with GSW for his entire career, King James leave the Lakers and go back to Cleveland to play his swan song season with the Cavs (along with his eldest son who may or may not warrant a roster spot based upon merit instead of nepotism) and Kevin Durant continuing to move from one franchise to another as he looks for a place that works for him.