Home Sports Talk
Options

The Dead Tampa Team

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 23, 2022 12:57PM in Sports Talk

Tampa is flat again. The tone was set with Mike Evens dropped and easy touchdown bomb. This offense is pathetic. The team is over the hill and the coaches are clueless. They can’t even score against the Carolina Kittens.

Down 7-0 at the end of the half. I know @doubledragon has long wanted Tom Brady for the Panthers. We may as well leave him there for you.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• Options

The Bucks turn the ball over on fourth down. Evens is gimping around. This team is dead. Brady might retire before the end of the year. Why should he bother except for the money?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

14-0 now. Defense has given up.

These guys are bad. They look like the worst of the Lions.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there should be a thread for really bad, inept can't get out of their own way NFL teams. The Cleveland Browns are absolutely horendous and seem to regress every week under the Stefanski/Woods tandem in control. Since he took over in 2020 Stefanski has done nothing but go backwards.

• Options

Tampa scores a useless field goal. They can say they weren’t shut out.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2022 12:31PM

It’s 21-3 now. The Bucks should revive the “Popsicle uniforms.” That would go with their embarrassing play. The defense is worn out. It’s the third straight game they have wilted in the 4th quarter.

This coaching staff is as bad as the team they put on the field.

• Options

They turned it over on downs again. They are now the officially the Tampa Bay landlubbers.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Done in by phantom calls by the refs!!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2022 12:55PM

i watched that train wreck

i haven't followed Brady's entire career but there's no possible way he could have endured a more humiliating loss than that

13-point favorites against a team that is having a yard sale and they get blown the f out

the vaunted Bucs defense allowing D'Onta Foreman and Chuba Hubbard to rush for 181 yards combined, and PJ Walker compiling a 126.5 passer rating

and Brady engineers an offensive attack that lit up the scoreboard to the tune of tres points

you just can't make this stuff up

@doubledragon congrats and kudos to what's left of your team for not mailing it in and thoroughly embarrassing the GOAT and his fraudulent team

• Options
    edited October 23, 2022 12:56PM

If the Bucks keep playing like this, it will be a 3-14 season.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I am very proud of our effort today, I did not watch the Panthers play due to the stress involved, but anyway we won. Hear us roar!

• Options

This is very weird for Brady, has he ever been 3-4 in his career?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2022 2:52PM

Todd Bowles has a history of destroying teams he coaches, no TD's 2 weeks in a row?

Shamefully pathetic

Congrats on a nice W Double D

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Todd Bowles has a history of destroying teams he coaches, no TD's 2 weeks in a row?

Shamefully pathetic

Thanks perk, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, and then it's back to suffering!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Shamefully pathetic

Thanks perk, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, and then it's back to suffering!

It’s the curse of CMC. Panthers win without him and the celebrated #1 defense ( cough, cough ) gives up near a half century to KC. How many 3rd and 20’s can KC pass for 50 yards. What a f joke

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

i haven't followed Brady's entire career but there's no possible way he could have endured a more humiliating loss than that

13-point favorites against a team that is having a yard sale and they get blown the f out

the vaunted Bucs defense allowing D'Onta Foreman and Chuba Hubbard to rush for 181 yards combined, and PJ Walker compiling a 126.5 passer rating

and Brady engineers an offensive attack that lit up the scoreboard to the tune of tres points

@doubledragon congrats and kudos to what's left of your team for not mailing it in and thoroughly embarrassing the GOAT and his fraudulent team

I told you about Gisele @galaxy27 Things not looking good for the GOAT.

• Options
    edited October 23, 2022 4:45PM

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

I told you about Gisele @galaxy27 Things not looking good for the GOAT.

Rest assured, Gisele is secretly enjoying this, and no one can convince me otherwise.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Shamefully pathetic

It’s the curse of CMC. Panthers win without him and the celebrated #1 defense ( cough, cough ) gives up near a half century to KC. How many 3rd and 20’s can KC pass for 50 yards. What a f joke

dueces- I believe your team has the No. 1 Defense.
    Nick Bosa gets a lot of praise, but his charging hell bent for leather for the QB on every play really hurts his team.
    Easy to get around his side of the field for big gains because he isn't worth a crap at containing plays.
    The Chiefs are good at exploiting that defieciency in his game.
    Mahomes and Co. had a lot, lot, more trouble with the Bills D.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    This is very weird for Brady, has he ever been 3-4 in his career?

Brady is old and distracted. It’s going to get a lot worse. The incompetent Tampa coaching staff and the aging receivers does not help. Brady should have stayed retired. This will not be a graceful exit.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Shamefully pathetic

dueces- I believe your team has the No. 1 Defense.
    Nick Bosa gets a lot of praise, but his charging hell bent for leather for the QB on every play really hurts his team.
    Easy to get around his side of the field for big gains because he isn't worth a crap at containing plays.
    The Chiefs are good at exploiting that defieciency in his game.
    Mahomes and Co. had a lot, lot, more trouble with the Bills D.

I know. The 49ers gave up 89 points in 6 games to Buffalos 81. 44 and 550 today. Maybe the NFC is exactly who they are. Who’s carrying the torch? Philly, Dallas? Let’s see them play someone first and see if they’re anywhere near Buffalo or KC.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like this AFC camaraderie. I don't like it at all.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭

I think we are seeing just how much coaching matters with the Bucs. Bowles is simply in over his head. Also shows how much Bruce Arians was helping on the offensive side of the ball, that is why it is so foolish for teams to hire the "hot" offensive or defensive coordinator. So many times those guys are simply the product of an extraordinary head coach.

I still have faith that Brady can right the ship, at this point you have to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think this is what he thought he was signing up for.

Robb

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Hear us roar!

Meow

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 3:32PM

O.K,,.....I've held out long enough...... I realize this post will either get me banned for life or at best a warning from AFLman.......Well here goes......but remember, It's The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ speaking....not me!. So, we're watching the Thursday Night game(?) and the Bucs are looking bad......So she says, "It's the divorce..... That's why he's so bad.......Maybe she's leaving him because he farts at night in bed and she can't stand it.".......Well, I had broccoli and cheese sauce shooting out my nose at that point!........She's one of a kind!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 3:39PM

And,.....Just to save you people the trouble of giving me "Blowback" about my previous post........I place myself at the Mercy of The Court.......GUILTY!

Maybe she should stop feeding me broccoli and cheese sauce.... Just sayin'.....