Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Photo Authentication Submission Advice

I hope I can receive some insight on submitting vintage press photos to PSA for authentication (unsigned).

I downloaded and completed the printed form, however, unlike submitting cards to PSA, there isn't an online record of what you intend on shipping to them. It just feels archaic to mail valuable photos to them without an online record.

Am I missing anything here? It feels like I'm ordering x-ray vision glasses from the back of a vintage magazine.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it makes you feel better, as I recall it does enter the system upon arrival and then there is a permanent electronic record.

I am a Mickey Mantle collector and I love images with some historical and cultural significance. The first photo below was used on his unreleased 1954 Topps card from Sports Illustrated’s second issue; the smaller action pose and it’s been ‘cut and pasted’ and then tilted as it’s added to the card. Image two was from a 1957 Sports Illustrated article about the games best hitting stars. The last one is directly from the Yankees on his eponymous day in 1969.

After service, the encapsulated photos are clearly better protected, professionally evaluated and identified, and look really sharp in the PSA holder; as either a compliment to a baseball display or as a centerpiece for a player collection.

I would give both the service and the end result a ringing endorsement. The photos don’t quite do it justice but I could not be happier with how they look.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Thanks for the information. I'll do just that and make sure to include signature upon delivery, etc..

Your photos are amazing!

• Options

@apremont said:
    Thanks for the information. I'll do just that and make sure to include signature upon delivery, etc..

Your photos are amazing!

Thank you for the kind words; I just like helping people.

Now, I showed you mine, you show me yours!

(Hey, it worked in 3rd grade…😂).

PS - I would say just make a photo copy of the forms for yourself in case anything should go wrong. But I checked and it does hit the system; remember, the whole world used to be ink and paper my friend.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@apremont

Also…

This is the 1954 Topps Sports Illustrated Mickey Mantle card (never made)…

…and this is the SI issue in which the ‘57 Zimmerman photo landed…

…and they each pair together nicely with their respective magazines, which is why I nabbed a copy of each.

Enjoy your weekend!