Stockton, CA coin shop thefts

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 17, 2022 5:49PM in Precious Metals

Date: 10/13/2022

Type of Incident: Burglary

Investigating Agency: Stockton PD

REPORT NUMBER: 22-34383

Details:

The Stockton, CA police department is investigating an early morning burglary of Avenue Coins. At approximately 2:15am on October 13, 2022, three vehicles occupied by seven males wearing hoodies and armed with bolt cutters and a pry-bar breached the roll-down gate and popped open the guest entrance. Once inside the suspects stole approximately $200,00 in inventory. The suspects did not get

into the safes and missed the cash drawers. Video footage is being reviewed.

Anyone with information contact:

Doug Davis

817-723-7231

Doug@numismaticcrimes.org

This Crime Alert is intended to advise you of criminal activity that may affect you or your business. If you have questions or suspect information, call the issuing law enforcement agency.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously planned a bit, but poorly planned if they missed the cash drawers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look for the guys with their pants hanging down below their butts with pockets full of small dollars and clad quarters. The pawn shop already got the gold , I suppose.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Robbery in title, burglary in OP.
    Two different crimes.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say the coin shop got a little lucky on this one. Could have been much worse.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

still early in the societal deterioration process... chaos smiles...and waits

Loves me some shiny!