Home Sports Talk

Aaron Rodgers not happy with locker room talk

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 11, 2022 10:47AM in Sports Talk

This is too funny, the Packers lost to the Giants on Sunday, and the players are terrified they might lose to the Jets this Sunday and they've been talking about it in the locker room. Aaron Rodgers is furious.

"Frankly, I don’t like all this conversation about losing next week,” Aaron Rodgers told reporters after the 27-22 loss to the giants. “I’m a firm believer in the power of words and manifestation. We’ve got to check ourselves on that, because talking about that is not winning football. There was talk about it in the locker room, and I don’t like it. [Jaire’s] my guy, but we don’t need to be talking like that.

“I understand there’s a reality in this game that there’s a win and a loss every single game, but there’s also a reality in life that what you’re putting your energy toward, that’s where your focus is going to go. So I’m not going to address the prospects of losing up here, other than we just lost this game.”

Comments

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more like Steve Carell... except I don't see the Dunder Mifflin logo in the back ground. Are the Packers moving to Scranton and we just didn't get the memo?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, Aaron Rodgers doppelganger was at the game in London this past weekend.

See, here he is again.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone needs to know that the energy he is talking g about has nothing to do with winning games, its performance and honestly Rodgets needs to evaluate how some of his throws were not very good

Team effort without a doubt, the Packers are a shell of their former selves compared to last year

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

is ARod wearing a blouse in that picture?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

edited October 11, 2022 12:47PM

Here it is, Aaron Rodgers outfit at the game in London. He looks like he's about to audition for the lead role in The Matrix.

The locker room was right.

Jets - 27
    Packers - 10

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Jets - 27
    Packers - 10

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2022 2:44PM

It looks like there is a changing of guard in the NFL. The Packers and the Tampa Bay Bucks look like they are washed up. In the meantime, the younger, hungrier teams are taking their place.

Maybe this is what happens to you when you eat too many funny mushrooms. Rogers looked like he was having "a zen moment" in that picture where he was getting hit.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well when you piss off your entire team by being an *sshole in the media do you ecpect the O line to actually block for you? I think Rodgers is done on this GB team.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

@doubledragon said:

Jets - 27
    Packers - 10

This picture is just beautiful. I love it!

@BillJones said:
    It looks like there is a changing of guard in the NFL. The Packers and the Tampa Bay Bucks look like they are washed up. In the meantime, the younger, hungrier teams are taking their place.

Maybe this is what happens to you when you eat too many funny mushrooms. Rogers looked like he was having "a zen moment" in that picture where he was getting hit.

I dont pay as close attention to GB, but I do know that TBs red zone offense it TERRIBLE. they move the ball fairly well, but down close, it is FG, FG, FG, FG, FG... I think they had it on the 1, 3, 17 and had to settle for FG. It seems they are missing Gronk... He was as close to automatic as you could get down close.

@Steven59 said:
    Well when you piss off your entire team by being an *sshole in the media do you ecpect the O line to actually block for you? I think Rodgers is done on this GB team.

A breakup between GB & Rodgers will be extremely difficult after they just gave him a 3yr extension with 150M guaranteed that doesn't even start until 2024 when he'll be 41yrs old. 🤣
    His cap hit for next 5 years:
    2022 28.5M
    2023 31.6M
    new deal kicks in
    2024 40.7M
    2025 59M
    2026 53M

Good luck to GB in finding some team that would be willing to take on that type of salary cap hell for a guy soon to be in his 40's.

@erikthredd said:

@Steven59 said:

A breakup between GB & Rodgers will be extremely difficult after they just gave him a 3yr extension with 150M guaranteed that doesn't even start until 2024 when he'll be 41yrs old. 🤣
    2022 28.5M
    2023 31.6M
    new deal kicks in
    2024 40.7M
    2025 59M
    2026 53M

Good luck to GB in finding some team that would be willing to take on that type of salary cap hell for a guy soon to be in his 40's.

I think teams may have started looking at Tommys production in his 40s and tried to transpose that onto other QBs. Historically, QBs are washed by their mid 30s. the greats can make it through their late 30s. Favre made it till 41.

Tommy is a unicorn to this point in NFL history. never been done this old, this well. Marino, Montana, Elway, Unitas, Manning were all washed by 38-39.

Arod would be a fool to retire before the extension ends. And that contract will be an absolute albatross for GB when it kicks in.

@craig44 said:

@erikthredd said:

@Steven59 said:

2022 28.5M
    2023 31.6M
    new deal kicks in
    2024 40.7M
    2025 59M
    2026 53M

I think teams may have started looking at Tommys production in his 40s and tried to transpose that onto other QBs. Historically, QBs are washed by their mid 30s. the greats can make it through their late 30s. Favre made it till 41.

Tommy is a unicorn to this point in NFL history. never been done this old, this well. Marino, Montana, Elway, Unitas, Manning were all washed by 38-39.

Arod would be a fool to retire before the extension ends. And that contract will be an absolute albatross for GB when it kicks in.

Rodgers just won b2b MVP's at ages 37 & 38 so there's a good chance that he'll still be a high level QB for the foreseeable future but if things go south between the team & him,the Packers are screwed.

On the brightside,he's started to channel his inner Lebron so he can start playing a GM role.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/17/aaron-rodgers-if-theres-a-trade-opportunity-i-expect-packers-to-be-in-the-mix/

edited October 17, 2022 11:31AM

@craig44 said:

@BillJones said:

I dont pay as close attention to GB, but I do know that TBs red zone offense it TERRIBLE. they move the ball fairly well, but down close, it is FG, FG, FG, FG, FG... I think they had it on the 1, 3, 17 and had to settle for FG. It seems they are missing Gronk... He was as close to automatic as you could get down close.

The Tamp Bay players are getting older and are now a step too slow. They are also getting some dumb play calling from their coaches.

Tampa had the ball on the 1 yesterday, and I believe it was first down. What did they do? They called for a pitch-out play that had the runner back on the five yard line instead a straight hand-off and rush directly at the line. Sure enough the runner was tackled on the five yard line. That was the beginning of the end of the scoring drive.

The Tampa team is becoming a source of frustration.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:

@craig44 said:

@BillJones said:

The Tamp Bay players are getting older and are now a step too slow. They are also getting some dump play calling from their coaches.

Tampa had the ball on the 1 yesterday, and I believe it was first down. What did they do? They called for a pitch-out play that had the runner back on the five yard line instead a straight hand-off and rush directly at the line. Sure enough the runner was tackled on the five yard line. That was the beginning of the end of the scoring drive.

The Tampa team is becoming a source of frustration.

I agree that playcalling is terrible. If I can figure out that on first down Leftwich is going to call for a run, every. single. time.
    you better believe NFL defensive coordinators can figure out the same.

That goal-line series was ridiculous. you have a 225 lb running back. use him 4 times in a row to gain 36 inches and a touchdown. had Lefty done that, it is a TB win.

@erikthredd said:

@Steven59 said:

2022 28.5M
    2023 31.6M
    new deal kicks in
    2024 40.7M
    2025 59M
    2026 53M

Green Bay deserves everything they get for caving to him while he was holding them hostage playing on their emotions, in hindsight even though he got what he wanted I bet it frosted his rear end when Adam's skipped town

I'm glad Green Bay is in turmoil and I don't even dislike the team

I really dont mind GB either. in fact, I always feel a bit nostalgic when i watch them. I liked Favre when he played.

there is just something about ARod though. I cant really put my finger on it, but man, I really dont like him as a player. He is one of those guys I love to see struggle

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I really dont mind GB either. in fact, I always feel a bit nostalgic when i watch them. I liked Favre when he played.

there is just something about ARod though. I cant really put my finger on it, but man, I really dont like him as a player. He is one of those guys I love to see struggle

I enjoyed watching Favre on the field (except when he beat us in the 97 SB) and on the screen in his cameo appearance in the 1998 movie There's Something About Mary. According to this article, Drew Bledsoe was picked to be in the movie first but he turned it down.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brett-favre-was-third-something-about-mary-choice-behind-bledsoe/

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

ARod is a different cookie. The NFL has always had colorful characters. Look at all the receivers throughout history
    NFL QB’s have been quirky too. Namath, Stabler etc. the difference today is the huge money paid for endorsements. You’re supposed to act in a certain way representing their products. You know assembly line QB’s. Say the right thing, act right or your $10M contract is in jeopardy.
    ARod is a sure fire 1st ballot HOFer and no one would question anything if they were 4-2. I do remember slow starts for the pack but I believe he misses Adams more and more.
    Maybe if Rodgers deferred some money, like Brady, he’d still be a Packer.
    Way, way too early to write them off.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Make that 3 in a row.

@doubledragon said:
    Make that 3 in a row.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Rogers and Brady have one thing in common. Their teams are going nowhere.

Yeah, and guess what, the Packers got the Bills next in Buffalo, that's going to 4 straight losses, God I've never felt so alive.

edited October 24, 2022 9:07AM

Bills coming off a bye after a win in Kansas City. Playing the Packers, prime time, Sunday night in Buffalo. That is going to be rockin and the most hostile environment for opposing quarterbacks.
    I am predicting a long night for ARod but stranger things have happened. Buffalo just needs to take care of business

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone see any mushrooms? I need my mushrooms!

@doubledragon said:
    Make that 3 in a row.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

@Alfonz24 said:
    Anyone see any mushrooms? I need my mushrooms!

@doubledragon said:
    Make that 3 in a row.

Psychedelic mushrooms? Here, talk to the guy in the brown coat, he's got what you need. He's also got some gold watches if you're interested.

Four in a row!

It was fun to watch.

Buffalo is great. Commentators were comparing them to the early 90s Bills teams. they were also fun to watch. I used to love Thurman Thomas.

I think we watched the SB Champions play last night. And Aaron Rodgers was not QB for them!!!

They will be over when he retires at the end of the season. Fox ran a comedy skit yesterday about “Father Time” finally catching with Brady and Rogers.

Bills played down to the Packers in the 2nd half. Allen made a few bonehead plays I haven’t seen since 2018 and wasn’t accurate at all. They need to get back to that killer instinct or another second half like Sunday is going to bite them in the a$$.

W.C.Fields
    edited November 2, 2022 12:16PM

Word on the street is, Aaron Rodgers is very salty about how the Packers handled the trade deadline, Chase Claypool going to the rival Bears and everything. This is the best season ever!

this is just so fun to watch. ARod is so slimy

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Packers fans have had an unbelievable run with Favre then Rodgers, but I know that they are also frustrated. I have read their gripes about "wasting" the Rodgers years by only getting one SB win.