Home Precious Metals

$1330 gold

SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2, 2022 5:01PM in Precious Metals

Some expert writers on metals specifically gold saying we're in a super cycle of gold pricing. Next low and soon $1300s per ounce, sure is a dismal outlook. The 'masses are panicking' is the inference. Seems to me this rare coin and gold bull run is about over. This seems emotional rather than based in any sound economics although worldwide the Dollar is seriously strong.

Comments

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

$1300 gold would be a liquid dream. THKS!!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold Starting Stage 4 Decline and What It Means for Investors

Google this article

$1300 gold would be a liquid dream. THKS!!! So, I take it you're a buyer at 1330. Lows

• CoffeeTimeCoffeeTime Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

I read something similar from an investing group. I don’t recall which one. It was looking at a technical view of gold prices.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

FED fixin' to destroy this myth.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

@derryb said:
    FED fixin' to destroy this myth.

Pivot ?? You think.

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if gold hits 1,300 that would be close to getting it out of the ground if fuel prices remain high and you can bet many sovereign entities will be backing up the station wagon and loading.

Have a nice day
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rr
    If you read closely the person above didn't say it would hit $1,300, he said IF IT DID HIT THAT POINT, IT WOULD BE KATY BAR THE DOOR FOR BUYING.
    I cannot predict the future, can you?

Have a nice day

Roadrunner! Thoughtful considerate of you to explain why and show reasoning. Quite the informative posting. Regards, Michael

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2022 9:00PM

Several people above mentioned $1300 gold....and an article was referenced to that effect. But I apologize if you or anyone else felt singled out or slighted. I should have said "persons" are looking at or dreaming of $1300 gold. Sorry.

I wouldn't want to touch gold under a $1350 break as there's no real downside support anymore bringing all the lows of 2013-2018 back into play. It could go under $1000. I'd be looking to buy it again on a dip to $1300 or lower....and then when or if it got back above the $1389/$1444 levels....the bull/bear line of the past 9 yrs. And in typical "Titanic" fashion, very few regular people will be loading up on gold under $1350 as they'd be too scared to buy....for fear it goes lower. I'm not predicting ANYTHING by my post above....just giving my leanings and supporting them with TA+charting and historical facts. It's all conjecture.

But, I've been batting pretty high on my chart predictions the past 2 years. I nailed the recent low in GDX to within 12c just based on simple charting. I predicted that bottom 4-6 months out.....and had a good feeling a year before that those 2 yr lows in miners and gold would get tested again. At the start of the Feb/March 2020 pandemic crash my brother was asking me what might the lows be when it all played out? Well, once the Dow busted the 24/25K support level I told him look for just under 19K. It ended up bouncing at 18,140. Those predictions based on basic charting techniques....many which have good predictive powers once the direction seems set. The Dow left behind some big gaps at 19,000 and 23,500 following pandemic crash rebound. If 25K gets busted yet again, look for those levels to reappear. It's not about predicting....it's about playing the odds when things stack up well in your favor. Then you can make a fairly high probability conjecture.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

I thought your posting was sincere and well written

edited October 3, 2022 4:35AM

Great technical analysis for gold. However, I for one believe it to be effective only when dealing with markets that have not been prostituted by outside influence. When simple laws of supply and demand no longer apply, the market is broken. Broken market prices are determined by unnatural market forces. Technical analysis is great when working with reliable technicals.

Such was the case when the FED flooded Wall St. with trillion$. We are now witnessing those markets seeking true equilibrium.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk about making the simple complicated. Sheesh.

KISS.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Roadrunner... Thank you for your analysis and information. Interesting to watch.... and, like the radical jump this morning, surprises in store. Cheers, RickO

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter

The only problem with your chart is that it doesn't show the scale or timeline or the 50 day vs. 200 day moving averages.

I find it interesting that we see a convergence between all curves but there is no indication of when that will occur.

This worries me. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    Talk about making the simple complicated. Sheesh.

KISS.

Here is everything, simplified:

We have 'flation.
    The Federal Reserve is attempting to induce some "stag".

So we have (and will have) "stagflation".

Stagflation is inevitable.
    Standards of living are going down at this time.
    How could they not, based on war, mismanagement of the economy, pandemic shutdowns, and a move away from "globalization" towards "regionalization" and "localization" ? Add to that some unfavorable demographics (in the workforce) for repatriating industry to local areas.

Stagflation is the MECHANISM by which standards of living decline.

@dcarr said:
    How could they not, based on war, mismanagement of the economy, pandemic shutdowns, and a move away from "globalization" towards "regionalization" and "localization" ? Add to that some unfavorable demographics (in the workforce) for repatriating industry to local areas.

>
    Isnt this what we wanted, to bring jobs back from overseas?

But to bring the thread back, how does the price of gold behave in your "inevitable"?

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

>

So the FED could purposely end them in an effort to reach their inflation target? LOL

• ms71ms71 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

A solution is available. We make gold illegal to own!!!

No wait, that's been done . . . . .

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

>

So the FED could purposely end them in an effort to reach their inflation target? LOL

Yup...more burger flippers. Haha

https://www.syracuse.com/business/2022/10/micron-picks-syracuse-suburb-for-huge-computer-chip-plant-that-would-bring-up-to-9000-jobs.html

• taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

Corporate welfare at its best! Micron is now the largest welfare queen here in Idaho...

edited October 4, 2022 10:42AM

@cohodk said:

@dcarr said:

>

But to bring the thread back, how does the price of gold behave in your "inevitable"?

>

We don't want lower standards of living. But that seems inevitable at this time.

The market price of gold went up during the great depression. So ...

edited October 6, 2022 5:29AM

Gold price went up in 1933 for reason you know. The depression had bottomed. The stock market also bottomed and tripled in just a few years.

Ones standard of living is personal. If you dont like your standars of living then change it. Work harder or smarter. Learn a skill or trade. Produce a good or service folk need.

We can go into a depression and I will guarantee my standard of living will increase because I will make it happen. I want it to. You spoke of slaves before. Dont be a slave to society, and dont speak for all of us. ;)

@cohodk said:
    Gold price went up in 1933 for reason you know. The depression had bottomed. The stock market also bottomed and tripled in just a few years.

Ones standard of living is personal. If you dont like your standars of living then change it. Work harder or smarter. Learn a skill or trade. Produce a good or service folk need.

We can go into a depression and I will guarantee my standard of living will increase because I will make it happen. I want it to. You spoke of slaves before. Dont be a slave to society, and dont speak for all of us. ;)

It is quite certain that "we" (the people) do not want a lower standard of living.

If you have to work harder to maintain your previous standard, that is effectively a lowering of your standard of living.

Regarding gold, the "official" government price was fixed at $20.67. But people were hoarding gold and the free-market (world-wide) price was increasing throughout the Great Depression. Then in 1933 Roosevelt was forced to raise the official price to $35, in reaction to the true market forces at the time.

Leading up to 1933, the gold standard was massively cheated on. The US Government's official price became more and more artificial.

edited October 7, 2022 6:27AM

The "Illegal gold" was priced at $20.67 in 1929. The assigned price by the Roosevelt era government, upon confiscation, surrender etc, was $35 by 1934

By slight of hand and law a 25 % increase in value "magic money" for the government in charge. Keynesian economics and the best way to fight off the economic downturn was an increase in money supply.

Therefore! Increase the money supply by increasing the value of gold from 1933 to 1934.

Executive orders! Seen any lately?

edited October 7, 2022 6:25AM
      "POST IN A CONSPICUOUS PLACE"

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold at $1300 would be nice. Those that say under $1000, even better. I would love the $500 Double Eagles from early 2000’s.