Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seeking Recommendations: Coin Dealer e-Commerce Software

jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone have any recommendations for e-Commerce software, whether specific to numismatics or easily tailorable to numismatics, that is cost-appropriate for someone looking to sell only a few coins a month?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

  • Options

    Wordpress with woocommerce. It can be done pretty cheap with that setup and allows a whole bunch of customization without having to pay for every little feature like shopify does.

    I also hear wixecommerce is great and free/budget friendly. However havent dug in or worked with it yet.

  • Options
    jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @goldrealmoney79 said:
    Wordpress with woocommerce. It can be done pretty cheap with that setup and allows a whole bunch of customization without having to pay for every little feature like shopify does.

    I also hear wixecommerce is great and free/budget friendly. However havent dug in or worked with it yet.

    Thank you. I'll check it out.

  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @jerseycat101 said:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for e-Commerce software, whether specific to numismatics or easily tailorable to numismatics, that is cost-appropriate for someone looking to sell only a few coins a month?

    Thanks in advance!

    @ErrorsOnCoins had a similar thread a few months ago, you should check it out. I believe he went with GoDaddy.

  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I use Wordpress and woo commerce. Works pretty good. I used to use squarespace. It was a bit more user friendly, but I wanted something that integrated my inventory with eBay so I didn’t have to duplicate my work.

  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

    For a few coins a month could you use Excel or Google Sheets?

    it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

    GoDaddy has templates that work well for a coin dealer if you do not want to learn Wordpress which I refused to do.

    The templates are very customizable, but some features are not and that is very frustrating.

    Overall a great website builder that is very easy to learn and use.

    Excellent customer support, if and only if you get a good customer service rep.

    I uploaded over 700 listings with 4 photos per listing.

    Here is what I built in about 2 weeks worth of work and frustration.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    Here is what I built in about 2 weeks worth of work and frustration.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

    Are you able to make subcategories, as well? For example, instead of just having "Half Dollar Errors" could you have Kennedy, Franklin, Other within the Half Dollar category, or is it fixed at single-level categories only?

    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2022 3:05PM

    @airplanenut said:

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    Here is what I built in about 2 weeks worth of work and frustration.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

    Are you able to make subcategories, as well? For example, instead of just having "Half Dollar Errors" could you have Kennedy, Franklin, Other within the Half Dollar category, or is it fixed at single-level categories only?

    I am not sure on the sub categories. I could have made them separate categories.

    But you could search from A-Z which has lower dated coins first or search "Franklin" or search a specific date.

  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    @airplanenut said:

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    Here is what I built in about 2 weeks worth of work and frustration.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

    Are you able to make subcategories, as well? For example, instead of just having "Half Dollar Errors" could you have Kennedy, Franklin, Other within the Half Dollar category, or is it fixed at single-level categories only?

    I am not sure on the sub categories. I could have made them separate categories.

    But you could search from A-Z which has lower dated coins first or search "Franklin" or search a specific date.

    Thanks. I'm asking with a specific site redesign in mind, where the subcategories would likely be desired, rather than a workaround (which gets the job done, but depending on the breakdown of inventory, may not be as ideal).

    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @airplanenut said:

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    @airplanenut said:

    @ErrorsOnCoins said:

    Here is what I built in about 2 weeks worth of work and frustration.

    https://ctferrorcoins.com

    Are you able to make subcategories, as well? For example, instead of just having "Half Dollar Errors" could you have Kennedy, Franklin, Other within the Half Dollar category, or is it fixed at single-level categories only?

    I am not sure on the sub categories. I could have made them separate categories.

    But you could search from A-Z which has lower dated coins first or search "Franklin" or search a specific date.

    Thanks. I'm asking with a specific site redesign in mind, where the subcategories would likely be desired, rather than a workaround (which gets the job done, but depending on the breakdown of inventory, may not be as ideal).

    I do not know anything about this so just posting a web search result.

    How many categories and subcategories can I display in my store?

    Up to a total of 100 categories and subcategories may be displayed in your store.

    For example, if you have 10 categories and each of those 10 contains 50 subcategories, only 2 categories will be displayed with 50 subcategories in each.

    https://findhelp.wsb-estoregodaddy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059681811-eCommerce-FAQs

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file