Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox locked into last place in the AL East and done.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

And have been for some time.
With 6 games to go, the season will mercifully end next Wednesday. I seriously doubt the team will remotely look the same next season. Why, with so much talent available, Red Sox management remains with a manager, who, to me, oftentimes looks lost and clueless. Having watched a number of his post game interviews, Cora recites all the cliches and covers for players who really deserve a bit more of an honest analysis for lack of play, or poor performance. I think they need a "Dick Williams" type manager, but that's just my thought.

The numbers speak for themselves, not just salarys, but general game stats that show either a lackluster performance, or a genuine slump, where perhaps a AAA star couldh've been brought up, or better trades made. I think trading Vasquez was the bonehead move of the year, good for him, but not for the team. Losing Schwarber was another low point, he, who has hit 42 homers. The JBJ thing in and out, in and out, made no sense at all to me. I won't bother with a comment about Chris Sale, why beat a dead horse. Seriously overpaid, and SERIOUSLY underperformed.

GL to teams who've made the playoffs...I'm thinking LA vs Houston for all the marbles.

After almost 3 weeks, I think I've finally turned the corner with covid. I think my wife and I musth've gotten the uber strain while in Greece. Nasty stuff, no energy, sleep a lot, no appetite, loss of taste. May none of you ever get this thing!!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rip it all down and start over

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

this year was a dumpster fire for sure. not a fun season to watch at all

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭

Plenty of good talent out there but will the Red Sox be willing to do what it takes money wise to pick it up That is the question? Not much sense picking up talent though unless it is actually good talent not the junk they usually go for.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Plenty of good talent out there but will the Red Sox be willing to do what it takes money wise to pick it up That is the question? Not much sense picking up talent though unless it is actually good talent not the junk they usually go for.

And yet, the Red Sox are one of just six teams paying luxury tax. It's safe to say their talet evaluators have no idea what they're doing.

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@tommyrusty7 said:

And yet, the Red Sox are one of just six teams paying luxury tax. It's safe to say their talet evaluators have no idea what they're doing.

That argument can't be argued against !

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there will be seats available at Fenway Park next year. Didn’t they sell every seat? … not that all the fans showed up to watch this forgettable season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?