Home U.S. Coin Forum

Show us some coins you own that moved/rotated in the holder (NGC/PCGS)

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 30, 2022 10:14AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Does it bother you? Personally I don't worry about it. I would rather own a scarcer coin than not. For a more common coin I would probably shop around more.

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have any, but yes, it would bother me. It's called OCD. But it wouldn't prevent me from buying if the coin is what I'm looking for.

• TimNHTimNH Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

Here's one I wanted to bid on, but just couldn't deal with the tilt, would drive me bonkers. It seems it is possible to rotate it back, banging the holder in a circular motion, but still what if it didn't go back...

• savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭✭

Handled this one a few years back, and yes, it bothered me

www.brunkauctions.com

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

You passed on a nice 18th century coin worth several thousand dollars just because it was rotated in the holder!!!!??

Wow. I thought I was OCD.

It it rotated once it can again. Tapping, electric toothbrush….. one of these tricks has always worked for me. If it didn’t, a simple re-holder isn’t all that expensive.

Yeah, if it was a $50 Frankie I’d maybe pass but the coins shown aren’t so easy to find.

• humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    You passed on a nice 18th century coin worth several thousand dollars just because it was rotated in the holder!!!!??

Wow. I thought I was OCD.

It it rotated once it can again. Tapping, electric toothbrush….. one of these tricks has always worked for me. If it didn’t, a simple re-holder isn’t all that expensive.

Yeah, if it was a $50 Frankie I’d maybe pass but the coins shown aren’t so easy to find.

Shhhh.....dont tell them this. Fewer people bidding on nice early coins is a good thing!

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is tilted left side down and right side up in the holder. I tried to get a quick picture of it.
    Do you think it is bad enough that I should just throw it out? :)

These thing don' t bother me in general.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had posted this one earlier.
    Doesn't bother me because the disc with coin holding prongs probabaly turned inside the slab than the actual coin itself.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/13339395#Comment_13339395

:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file