Home Precious Metals
Options

Everyone still buying ?

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

People here said they’ll keep buying on the way down.

Everything is getting cheaper now.

Zuckerberg has lost 70 Billion

It’s only money.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still buying groceries, but not much else. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not been purchasing bullion.... My stacks are set and all profit. Will have to drop a lot more to tempt me. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buying and selling out there. Usually trading barbs in here.

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Getting cheaper

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

When i find a good deal, I will consider buying, and if it is a real good deal =SOLD :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

love the low prices.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suddenly buying from the Royal Mint isn’t such a bad deal due to the US UK exchange rate

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's exchange rate is £1= $1.09. The lowest it's been since 1985.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2022 12:04PM

@ms71 said:
    Today's exchange rate is £1= $1.09. The lowest it's been since 1985.

I was stationed there in the late seventies. Bought a Jenson Healy and a quadraphonic audio system (remember four channel LPs?) dirt cheap thanks to the exchange rate. Still enjoying those four AR giant speakers 45 years later. Modern surround sound is great, but its got nothing on an original disk recorded in four channels played on a four channel turntable stylus.

• Options

@3stars said:
    Suddenly buying from the Royal Mint isn’t such a bad deal due to the US UK exchange rate

You would think, but currently the Royal Mint's cheapest 1 oz gold coin is $1818 (1668 pounds) plus international delivery charges and possibly import fee. I can buy a gold buffalo from bullion exchanges for $1775 delivered.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@3stars said:

You would think, but currently the Royal Mint's cheapest 1 oz gold coin is $1818 (1668 pounds) plus international delivery charges and possibly import fee. I can buy a gold buffalo from bullion exchanges for $1775 delivered.

I guess if $43 difference is a big deal

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2022 3:57PM

@3stars said:

@derryb said:

@3stars said:

I guess if $43 difference is a big deal

$43 difference plus the cost of international shipping plus the possible cost of import fees is a big deal. Pretending it is not is not is not so much a big deal. LOL

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

One ounce Maple Leafs are less than $1800 delivered

• Options

@ricko said:
    I have not been purchasing bullion.... My stacks are set and all profit. Will have to drop a lot more to tempt me. Cheers, RickO

How about certified old gold (Saints, $20 libs). ? buy ? sell ? or hold ? And , can they still stay up in face of dropping gold and silver prices ? and recession ?

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

I am a buyer. I see the market prices keep going down, but the physical market doesn’t seem to move much.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options

@Spooly said:
    I am a buyer. I see the market prices keep going down, but the physical market doesn’t seem to move much.

To make sure I understand you correctly, When you say: "market prices" are you referring to certified old gold coins? And when you say "physical market": are you referring to Bullion prices ?

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I have not bought much as the prices were high. However, I am going to start buying again. For example, I do buy the Australian Lunar series when they come out, but I am more conservative when it comes to other items since the prices were on the high side.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 372 ✭✭✭

Is anybody's local B&M selling gold these days?

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been selling 90% into the strong premium market. I just can't pass up 20-21X face with silver melt at $13.60.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:
    I have been selling 90% into the strong premium market. I just can't pass up 20-21X face with silver melt at $13.60.

Very happy that I sold most of my junk 2020-2021 for 24-25x face. All dimes and quarters that were the slickest of the slick. I'll buy it all back at 10-12x. in a few. Life in the gutter, wash, rinse, repeat. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

As much as I'm selling, I'm buying. That's how the real world works outside of the meta verse.

• Options

@shortnock said:
    Is anybody's local B&M selling gold these days?

Of course.

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭

I am always buying. I just bought several european gold coins from my lcs. Note, I posted a couple of questions on the world coin forum.
    Pictures of two of the the coins are attached : 1909 20 franc French rooster and 1949b 20 franc Switzerland

The Switzerland coin in hand looks so good i almost think it’s a proof.

• Options

Real Estate? Not.

• Options
    edited September 28, 2022 10:00AM

@derryb said:
    Real Estate? Not.

We are under contract with our home for more than the last sale price. It’s in N.J.

• Options
    edited September 28, 2022 10:00AM

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11-Marbella-Ct-Hamilton-NJ-08691/71832697_zpid/

Last comparable one sold for $550.
    Ours will sell for $560.

It’s my parents.
    All proceeds will go into the kids college fund, and I think it’s a decent time to add to that based on todays lower securities prices.

• Options

@Ppp said:
    I am always buying. I just bought several european gold coins from my lcs. Note, I posted a couple of questions on the world coin forum.
    Pictures of two of the the coins are attached : 1909 20 franc French rooster and 1949b 20 franc Switzerland

The Switzerland coin in hand looks so good i almost think it’s a proof.

Those are beauties !!!

Thanks for sharing.

• Options

I'm calling the FED's bluff. They are holding a losing hand. I'm buying silver.

• Options

Gutter not> @derryb said:

Just like the last 3 decades of your existence, nothings changed. Keep calling the bluff, maybe one of these centuries the play will pan out. RGDS!

• Options
    edited September 28, 2022 8:26PM

play pans out every time price of my ASEs hit a peak. You buy and hold guys never learn. LOL

I'll soon be selling Asahi bars at a nice premium.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, in my opinion it's cheap enough to be buying.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not interested in buying physical silver at anything close current bid-ask spreads. Upside isn't that compelling and not interested in buying to have an immediate 20%+ "paper" loss.

I'd consider buying physical gold at somewhat lower prices.

• Options

Stocks ? Gold ? Silver ?

Who’s buying ?

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Well, my 401k is still on autopilot, still 100% in stocks, so I am still buying now, as usual. Not much in metals though.

• Options

Selling what I'm buying. A few hundred more ounces again, this week. Keeping the miners and bankers in business.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to buy when I can. This definitely looks like a time to buy. :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

No real extra funds to buy anything other than taxes, insurance, home heating fuel and rama noodle. Just looked at home heating fuel prices yesterday, $5.50 a gallon, don't see any reason why it want be $8-10 by Christmas. Up a $1.50 in the last 14 days. Burn as much wood as possible, going to be a very rough winter for millions.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2022 11:10AM

Like diesel, NG/LP is going to become an expensive alternative. Cancelled my order for a NG Generac generator, picked up a new 8000W gasoline Generac in an Amazon flash prime sale for $800 delivered, normally $1500 at Sams Club. Next time I replace my NG home heating/appliances, I will likely switch to heat pumps/elect.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have a massive surplus of nat gas. Just fly over west Texas and see all the flames from burning off the excess as a result of drilling.

Once Putin is gone you'll see prices collapse. And everyday that goes by is one day closer.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    edited October 14, 2022 11:09AM

@cohodk said:
    We have a massive surplus of nat gas. Just fly over west Texas and see all the flames from burning off the excess as a result of drilling.

then why does it currently cost substantially more to run a generator on NG than it does with gasoline. As a recent home generator buyer I have done the math.

Once Putin is gone you'll see prices collapse. And everyday that goes by is one day closer.

and as long at the US can sell its NG at a MUCH higher price to the EU than what it WAS paying for Russian NG, look for US energy corporations to keep Putin in power for as long as possible. All it took was a damaged pipeline to increase US energy profits and postpone Germany's move to a new sugar daddy.

• Options

Lots of nat gas up here in The Commonwealth. RGDS!

• Options

sink a well.

• Options
    edited October 14, 2022 3:14PM

Neighbors farm has a gas well. Doesn't get royalties but gets unlimited nat gas as long as the well is still producing. They put it in back in the mid 80s. Up in Elk County we used to pay a flat rate at the hunting camp. It was around $400 a year for all you could consume. I know the still do it but guessing the price has probably increased a bit.

With all these big "shortages" we keep hearing about I've been waiting for them to come knocking on my door. I own the mineral rights to my land and would more than gladly lease it to them however I'm not expecting a knock anytime soon. RGDS!

PS Back on topic, still buying oil stocks, crypto, Au (the metal of kings), looking at some additional farmland etc.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

... I have done the math.

Oh boy. Lol

How often you gonna run that generator?

My list of buying opportunities is growing long.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear