Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who Has A Homely Toner But You Still Like It

2»

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny seeing this thread, just recently I was looking at this coin and this is exactly how I categorize it...
    Not particularly pretty, but definitely not ugly, I like this coin…

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

And last year this coin was found in a partial roll actually a paper roll with about five or six of the exact same coin in it the remnants of an original roll so I believe this is paper/roll toning.

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins those are both nice toners to me.

@asheland said:
    And last year this coin was found in a partial roll actually a paper roll with about five or six of the exact same coin in it the remnants of an original roll so I believe this is paper/roll toning.

Intersting as I would have thought the stacking in the roll would have protected the center a little better. But I suspect if left in the roll long enough then it will work it's way their. The edges definitely indicate something was nearby so to say.

@TPRC
    That toning with the blue to rust color I have seen on multiple occasions on Morgans. I even have a couple. I would say a semi-common color combo on them.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilolme said:
    @Zoins those are both nice toners to me.

Thanks! Nice of you to say!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file