Joe Morgan and Dave Concepcion

Steve

• streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tinkers to Evers to Chance

Have a nice day
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    Minimum 5 years playing together.

I don't think there's much of a debate that it's these two. One is in the Hall, the other one should be, and they played together longer than anybody else.

And, to think, they almost had Ozzie Smith playing with them, too.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

I don't think there's much of a debate that it's these two. One is in the Hall, the other one should be, and they played together longer than anybody else.

Trammell/Whitaker may ultimately win, but Reese/Robinson are at least entitled to a debate.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

@dallasactuary said:

@Tabe said:

Trammell/Whitaker may ultimately win, but Reese/Robinson are at least entitled to a debate.

Jackie played less than 5 full seasons at 2B.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2022 7:33PM

Gene Alley and Bill Mazeroski. They were slick on the DP. None better......I saw it...Vince Scully thought so too...he would know.

Maz

Alley

One of the Greatest Moments in Baseball History!!!! WOW!!

Maz hits walk off homer.....game #7 1960 World Series....Pirates beat the Yankees!....
    Who would have thought???

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dodgers infield:Garvey,Lopes,Cey,Russell.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 22, 2022 10:19PM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Dodgers infield:Garvey,Lopes,Cey,Russell.

I thought about them but I didn't bring it up because....Los Angeles....nobody cares....But yea, those four guys.....unreal.....What An Infield!!!.....No hype.....just solid ball players..... Don't forget Ferguson and Yeager behind the plate.....

P.S......I was at the 1980(?) All Star game at Dodger Stadium. Garvey, Lopes, Cey, and Russell were the starting infield..... But that's not the best part.......Before the game, Joe DiMaggio commited a BIG ERROR!!!!! The Young Lovely Mrs.Hydrant asked him for his autograph....... He said, very rudely, " You got a pen?....I don't carry that sh°t with me.".....She ripped into him and said, "Nobody talks to me that way!"..... Then Don Newcombe handed The Yankee Clipper a pen.....and he signed her program.......then....The Young Lovely Mrs. Hydrant took the program,..... Threw it on the ground and said, " KEEP YOUR SH°T!..I DON'T WANT IT!!!!"......HOF guys laughed their ass*s off!!!.....She was a Holy Terror then...she still is!!!!!

TALK ABOUT GREAT MOMENTS IN BASEBALL HISTORY!!!!!
    OH, YEA!!!!!

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2022 4:19AM

@Tabe said:

@Goldenage said:

Where do Jeter and Cano fall in this discussion. ?

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ozzie and Tommy "Herriot"?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long did Mark Belanger and Bobby Grich play together?

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
    edited September 23, 2022 7:13PM

@Goldenage said:

@Tabe said:

@Goldenage said:

Where do Jeter and Cano fall in this discussion. ?

In terms of peak, probably #1. Strong argument for #1 overall depending on how you feel about Cano being a steroid guy and their defense.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

i know they are 2b and 1b, but Biggio and Bagwell are my choice. both in HOF.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Gordon/Rizzuto

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets