Home Sports Talk

Looking forward to this one

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

This weekend, Brady vs Rodgers!

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

That should be a slow moving slugfest rather than an epic shootout, TOMPA will be without Evans and Rodgers simply doesn't have any WR's

Green Bay 20
    TOMPA 14

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two superheroes doing battle, I can't wait!

I'm reading online that the Bucs are a 2.5 point favorite as of now. I really want to see Aaron Rodgers lose to Tom Brady, that would make my month. And I can already taste the sweet nectar from the endless supply of memes, ripe on the vine for the picking.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm reading online that the Bucs are a 2.5 point favorite as of now. I really want to see Aaron Rodgers lose to Tom Brady, that would make my month. And I can already taste the sweet nectar from the endless supply of memes, ripe on the vine for the picking.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady looks pretty average in his first 2 games - old age and divorce? If he keeps this up, GB will run him down..........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Gisele. I'll thank you very kindly not to mention that name in my presence, Tom isn't going anywhere, he's got a lot of mileage left in the tank, and Gisele is just going to have to accept it!

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady has lost his best receivers. Mike Evens has been suspended for a game and Julio Jones and Russel Gage are injured. That leaves Scotty Miller. It will have to be more of the defense versus Rogers rather than Brady.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Hmm, I didn't realize Julio Jones was injured, I might have to rethink my pick for this game. Yes, I will have to think about this, I better grab a roll of toilet paper, I do my best thinking on the can.

• This is the type of game where it's a shame that both teams can't lose.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Gisele. I'll thank you very kindly not to mention that name in my presence, Tom isn't going anywhere, he's got a lot of mileage left in the tank, and Gisele is just going to have to accept it!

I thought that was David Letterman. (Insert current pix of Letterman.)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Must see for me will be Bills/Dolphins.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@doubledragon said:

I thought that was David Letterman. (Insert current pix of Letterman.)

Not a bad comparison, Letterman grows a mean beard!

edited September 21, 2022 2:10AM

I still haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the Bucs or take the Packers, very tough decision. I think I'll make some hot cocoa and sit around in my favorite pair of socks, that will help me think clearer.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Bills are 9-1 and 7 in a row against the phins. The Dolphins are Buffalo’s Chicago

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Bills are 9-1 and 7 in a row against the phins. The Dolphins are Buffalo’s Chicago

Bill Belichick should take notes. His teams had trouble with Miami even when the Patriots were good. It probably has something to do with Don Schula and cruse of placekicker snowplow.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@doubledragon said:
    Hmm, I didn't realize Julio Jones was injured, I might have to rethink my pick for this game. Yes, I will have to think about this, I better grab a roll of toilet paper, I do my best thinking on the can.

There had to be reason why Julio Jones was available. He can still play, but he’s fragile.