Home Metal Detecting
Options

What could...

It be found this the other day and after soaking in some oil I can make out the out line of the top of a star about 2x2 circle and appears to be copper also has corrosion on it

Comments

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morroco, Mazunas I think... I may be wrong, this was just my first thought :)
    One thing I'm not sure about is the appearance of a second rim on your coin... I hope someone who knows world coins better will chime in.
    This is what they look like obverse and reverse:

Images courtesy of NGC.

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea... Soak it more... try acetone, alcohol or even Ezest.... Let us know if more detail shows up. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any chance you can remove some of the heavy corrosion? Anything on the rev? Do I detect some letters at K8? Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

This is the best I could do for now after chipping more corrosion off definitely a 5 point star after looking at it closer maybe an old badge? Looks like there was a pin connected on the back at the top

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gene2393 said:
    This is the best I could do for now after chipping more corrosion off definitely a 5 point star after looking at it closer maybe an old badge? Looks like there was a pin connected on the back at the top

Okay, definitely not a Morrocan coin, I had no idea it was so large...!

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it could have been a pin/badge of some kind... Hope some more comes off and leaves a reasonable surface. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a , a, a, 'eh?

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Texas related? What state was it located in?

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

A little more cleaned up and it was found in s.e. idaho the top where the corrosion still is has caused to much damage and it's breaking in spots