Home Sports Talk

NFL teams with the most wins of all time

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting, the Bears sit at the top for now.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course the Packers will more than likely take the top spot after this season, with a little help from the officials. Ah yes, they love the refs in Green Bay.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting I thought the Pats would be a little higher on the list.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon Could you find the same list , but from 20 years ago? The reason I ask is that I think you will see that the Patriots would have been lower than 14th, and maybe by a lot. Since 2001 they certainly picked up the pace.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2022 9:28AM

@perkdog said:

Their history started in 1960, and there were a lot of lean years in the 1970s and ‘80s. When you win 2 games in a season, you win total doesn’t move up much.

I was thinking the Bears might be #1 when I saw the title of the post, but that won’t survive the 2022-23 season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon Could you find the same list , but from 20 years ago? The reason I ask is that I think you will see that the Patriots would have been lower than 14th, and maybe by a lot. Since 2001 they certainly picked up the pace.

I can't seem to find a list like that from 2002, but I can tell you that the Patriots have the most wins since 2002 with 238 wins.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

Their history started in 1960, and there were a lot of lean years in the 1970s and ‘80s. When you win 2 games in a season, you win total doesn’t move up much.

I was thinking the Bears might be #1 when I saw the title of the post, but that won’t survive the 2022-23 season.

I know the history but thought the past 20 years would have moved them up further

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

I know the history but thought the past 20 years would have moved them up further

We have the most since 2002 (per @doubledragon ) so there is that... I don't know if the next 20 years will see us make quite the same gains on the field, however.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most team wins in a decade, Bears don't even make the top 32 listed. I guess that means they have had long-term mediocrity to build up that win total...........

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-nfl-team-wins-in-a-decade

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/
  • spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2022 10:47AM

Most wins in the past decade, Bears 24th, below the Texans LOL

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/nfl/most-wins-past-decade.html

My online coin store - https://www.desertmoonnm.com/

You know, I have to say, I'm actually going to miss Cam Newton this season. I know we've had our differences, but the man has given us so much entertainment over the years, here's to you big guy.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys in 13th is very impressive since some of those teams ahead of them got many years of head start on them.