Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Convenience store find

I was just going to get $20 gas, but decided to buy 2 bottles of iced tea as well. Gave the cashier $24 cash and got 2 quarters in change, including this one:

No mint mark, but a nice find nonetheless, wouldn't you agree? Sure glad I bought that tea!

--Craig

Comments

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

amazing.

Some one stole a collection and spent it there.
    You should have asked for a dollar in quarters.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks pretty good for a 90 year old coin. I agree, someone passed down a collection, the person that got it didn't see the value and spent it.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... Ninety year old silver.... Looks like someone cleaned out Great Grandpa's sock drawer... I would have asked for more quarters..... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good score!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks clad to me, versus "white" for 90% Silver. I have been wrong before.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I always look at the coin drawer if I am able. If I saw more, I would have asked for them.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    AdamLAdamL Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

I got a 1941 nickel at a convenience store last night. Not nearly as exciting as silver though!

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a mint mark?

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably spent by heirs who just saw it as a quarter.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find.

• Options
    edited August 31, 2022 2:07PM

@3sidesofsilver let's see the third side, aka

The Edge

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never ever found one of those in change. Never/ever. Congrats on about as rare a pocket change find ever.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Excellent find! 👍 With inflation climbing, you’re going to see more and more of this happening.

• Options
    3sidesofsilver3sidesofsilver Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 5:53PM

As a 'Bono(s)' for oih82w8, I present the Edge:

U2 can see there is no copper sandwich here. Just a silver Washie One can have Pride in owning. (I'm just out of control tonight)

--Craig
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a pic of the reverse?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treashunt said:
    amazing.

Or someone didn't know any better and just spent it. It doesn't have to be stolen.

• Options
    CoffeeTimeCoffeeTime Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Great find. Folks keep finding silver in bank rolls and it looks like you scored at the store instead.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Treashunt said:
    amazing.

Or someone didn't know any better and just spent it. It doesn't have to be stolen.

I can't disagree.

But, you have to wonder where it was for the last 90 years.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

Reverse:

No D or S :'(

--Craig
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool find. Is that a big rev die crack from about 8 to 2?

• Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file