Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2022 4:30PM

What details made this coin a counterfeit. Surprised none of his coins are graded?

• Options
    justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2022 5:19PM

What makes you think it’s a counterfeit? I don’t think it is. And I didn’t have any trouble getting through to him. Looks like he possibly has you blocked.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@justmenutty72 said:
    What makes you think it’s a counterfeit? Experience-believe me it is a fake.

Take a good look at the word GOD with the magnifier. The O is a dead giveaway. The O in GOD loops over on the bottom and under on the top. The whole word GOD is incorrect. Have you ever seen any Lincoln cent with a G like that? If you look at a real 1955DDO cent -they don't look like this. There are many things wrong.
    I have never heard of this seller before seeing this coin. He has good feedback. I do not know why I cannot contact him. I wanted to warn him that the coin is not genuine.

Here is the response i got from ebay when I tried to email him:
    "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."
    I do not know what they mean by this. Am I blocked from contacting this seller by the seller or by ebay?

I

@giantsfan20 said:
    What details made this coin a counterfeit. Surprised none of his coins are graded?

Strange that he has mostly US coins and Currency but is selling from Germany. No, I wouldn't grade a lot his coins either.
    If you think it is real, buy it, sent it to PCGS and make a ton of money on it.

• Options
    edited August 30, 2022 8:24PM

Description:
    "Very rare 1955 Double Die Obverse Wheat Cent

The rarest of all Wheat Cents in a STUNNING and problem free HIGH GRADE.

This is an absolutely attractive and uncirculated coin with perfect color.

All coins we sell are authentic."

Does this coin look uncirculated with perfect color?

Edited to add. I don't see the reverse die marker either.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rec78 said:

@justmenutty72 said:
    What makes you think it’s a counterfeit? Experience-believe me it is a fake.

Take a good look at the word GOD with the magnifier. The O is a dead giveaway. The O in GOD loops over on the bottom and under on the top. The whole word GOD is incorrect. Have you ever seen any Lincoln cent with a G like that? If you look at a real 1955DDO cent -they don't look like this. There are many things wrong.
    I have never heard of this seller before seeing this coin. He has good feedback. I do not know why I cannot contact him. I wanted to warn him that the coin is not genuine.

Here is the response i got from ebay when I tried to email him:
    "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."
    I do not know what they mean by this. Am I blocked from contacting this seller by the seller or by ebay?

I

@giantsfan20 said:

Strange that he has mostly US coins and Currency but is selling from Germany. No, I wouldn't grade a lot his coins either.
    If you think it is real, buy it, sent it to PCGS and make a ton of money on it.

That means the seller has you blocked.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

That means the seller has you blocked.

Ok, thanks. I don't ever remember dealing with this ebayer or anyone from Germany and I don't know why he would block me. I guess it could be something from many years ago, perhaps, but I don't recall it. Maybe he moved from the US?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not see any of the die polish lines on the reverse of that coin... So it appears to be fake. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought mint-packaged stuff from him. He confused orders. Informed, he corrected his mistake and told me to keep the first shipment. I would buy from him again; now, his ability to distinguish a fake?

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listing ended at $1,999 and now re-listed at $2,499.99

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file