Home Sports Talk

it's time............the official 2022 Chicago Bears discussion thread

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello. Is anybody here?

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where have you gone Monsters of the Midway...

https://youtu.be/7-8lt9yxNdY

This was a straight beatdown

I'm sorry @galaxy27 I don't mean to get this thread off track. You are such a good friend that I want to hype you up for this season by showing you some clips of your teams success

edited August 29, 2022 5:10PM

In all seriousness, I went over to Reddit, where I will go for some sports takes, and snooped around to get a feel for what the Bears fans were saying. I saw a LOT of confidence that your man behind center, Justin Fields, was the best QB in that draft. I saw some positivity. But I also saw this...I took a screenshot.....these guys sound defeated already sort of.

ETA : @galaxy27 what's your prediction?

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess we'll allow this same exact joke two years in a row,
    but I'm warning you Galaxian next year its really going to get old. ;)
    Just kidding it was still funny but I did know the content of your post before I opened it,
    my memory isn't that bad. B)

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy, off topic but I was wondering if we were going to have an NFL picks contest again this season?

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Justin Fields had three touchdown passes in the last preseason game, he looked rock solid, I think he'll get better as he gains more and more experience. If not, you're always welcome to become a Panthers fan, we've got Booger Mayfield!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2022 4:42AM

@thisistheshow my prediction is under 6 wins and i have money on it. Fields has been dealt 2-7 offsuit two years in a row now. first, he inherited Matt Nagy as a head coach. perhaps after @Darin stops remembering my jokes he can explain to us all why his team hired that guy. but now that Nagy is thankfully gone, year 2 provides Fields with no proven options on the receiving end of his passes after Allen Robinson left (a dude @Hydrant will be raving about before the season is over.......mark my words.)

and yes, @LandrysFedora, we are indeed having the picks contest again this year. as long as it is spearheaded by someone not named @galaxy27 :D

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well look at the bright side. I heard they changed the turf at the Bear’s stadium. New dirt and grass could make a difference.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?