Home Sports Talk

Tom Brady voted #1 player in the NFL

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The players in the NFL were polled, and they voted Tom Brady the #1 player in the league.

That's what the league's players believe, anyway. Tom Brady has been ranked the No. 1 player in the league by the player-voted Top 100 poll by the National Football League.

It's hard to argue with it at this point.

Brady, a seven-time Super Bowl-winner, is entering what could be his final season in the league.

Not everyone seems to agree, though.

"Excuse me?!! Tom Brady being number one is insane! AD should be number 1," one fan wrote.

"The guys who play ball don’t even know ball," one fan added.

"Brady still at the top at 45 yrs old is WILD," one fan added on Twitter.

The rankings are voted on by the players, so if you want to complain to someone about Brady's controversial ranking, complain to them.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course Aaron Rodgers will win another LSD-assisted MVP, let's check in on Rodgers and see what he's up to.

• MS66MS66 Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

"The guys who play ball don’t even know ball," one fan added.

Classic online comment. Internet Rando knows more about a topic than the guys who are paid millions to actually do it.

Separately, though: the females in my extended family absolutely despise Mr Brady. Why is that? I dare not ask them..

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

No surprise

My buddy who is a life-long Pats fan hates Brady now, lol

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I think as long as Brady decides to play, he will always be the best player in the NFL. I was able to recently obtain this photo of Brady as a kid.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess i am not surprised. It is a truth that seems self-evident...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should be rated ahead of Rogers because Rogers fails to deliver.

This year might be different. I am not optimistic about the this season for Tampa. Too many guys have been injured in practice, let alone the pre-season games. Brady is a year older, and he was kind of slowing down at times last year. They have picked up guys like Julio Jones, but does he have anything left in the tank? Add to that a tough schedule.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Personally, I think as long as Brady decides to play, he will always be the best player in the NFL. I was able to recently obtain this photo of Brady as a kid.

Yes, that's a picture of Brady trotting on the field before the Super Bowl against the heavily favored St. Louis Rams.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

if the Bucs take it down this season i'll upload a vid of me shotgunning a peyton manning forehead beer

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    if the Bucs take it down this season i'll upload a vid of me shotgunning a peyton manning forehead beer

this is happening

You can bank on it Mr. Galaxian.