Home Sports Talk
Options

Orioles- will they win 90 games this season and make the playoffs?

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect most would have laughed at that question on April 1st... and today... well, it seems possible.

So will it happen?

There would be this ironic humor if at the end of the season they were compared to the 1969 Mets

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Short answer: No, it won't happen.

Long answer: Baltimore is a sad, run-down city. [I was born and raised there.] Orioles' ownership won't pay for good players -- that's why you find former O's stars scattered throughout MLB. The Orioles current run of good fortune will end soon -- they'll likely finish in last place in their division (as usual).

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

86-88 wins is my guess, fun to watch !

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

No playoffs. Teams in front of them are too good.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:
    Short answer: No, it won't happen.

Long answer: Baltimore is a sad, run-down city. [I was born and raised there.] Orioles' ownership won't pay for good players -- that's why you find former O's stars scattered throughout MLB. The Orioles current run of good fortune will end soon -- they'll likely finish in last place in their division (as usual).

No, the Red Sox have a lock on last place as they sleep walk for the rest of the season.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?