Home U.S. Coin Forum

OGH Sample Slab!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2022 7:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Here's a cool sample slab with the cert number 12345678!

Comments

• silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like the old grading holders myself have one on my to buy list

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the ones that are mechanical errors, not listing the S in the back.

Interesting it has so many cracks in the rubber gasket.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That should get some interest from slab collectors.... Cheers, RickO

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice find

Frank

BHNC #203

• 1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Most of the Sample Slabs had the generic 12345678 number instead of a real number that can be verified, some Batches were small and others seemed to have Hundreds of the same type coin thus given the generic group of numbers. Sample Slabs like Hallmark and Blanchard can bring "Good" money, if you can find them, they are getting harder to find now days.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are samples tests for experimental variables such as gasket material?

It's all about what the people want...

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally, material samples don't get released.

This is just an ordinary sample, albeit of a higher valued coin than usual. We tend to consider those dealer samples, vs. the unwashed ordinary shrubs who got a dime.

The gasket has yellowed over time, it's common in many plastics, esp. if there is some sunshine involved.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a material sample once - will post it in "Rare plastic for the weekend" this weekend. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Not sure this is the correct link or not but I have a pgcs gen 1.0 sample 1964d dime. Seems to be rare by research. Any suggestions?

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very COOL!! B)

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• I have seen many articles on this particular slab but have only seen one sell about 5 years ago. Where do you suggest to look for current value?

• WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭✭

Check eBay completed sales. That one is in the 150-ish range. Make sure you note the “all zeroes” in the serial number, this is what drives the value here.

• Will do, thank you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file