Home U.S. Coin Forum

Guess the Date of Draped Bust Large Cent

Being a long time lurker has shown me that many people on this forum have skills I do not possess. I've tried many times to fathom a date for this coin to no avail. It would not surprise me though, if no one can solve this puzzle. I appreciate any attempt.
Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm afraid this one is just way too far gone... With so much damage and wear it is virtually impossible to attribute or find a date for it.
    If you could still see any of the reverse designs it might be possible but this coin's seen too much!

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that one is too far gone... with excessive wear and graffiti.... Cheers, RickO

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

1796 to 1807........ :)

• dhikewhitneydhikewhitney Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:

Yes, I can imagine it to be any date I want and the price was still the same.
    Thank you to everyone who looked. I thought it was too far gone but this forum has some astute coin expertise and wanted to put it out there just in case.

• OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebigeng said:

I want to narrow it down further to 1798-1807 simply because it looks like a 2nd hairstyle, but I'm not 100% sure.

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file