Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Women's Quarters - 2024

Hello all! I'm Rosita & I'm new to the forum. Thank you for having me.

I'm interested in the US Women's Quarter's Program. My friends and I have been compiling a list of women we'd love to see on these coins. My question is: does anyone know when the names for the 2024 Women's Quarters will be announced? I personally have a couple names I'd love to see.....

Comments

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2022 9:40AM

The suspense is killing me. Don't be shy.......who would you like to see on the quarters?
    And.....Welcome Aboard!

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

I don't think they've officially announce who they'll be for 2024 but to answer your other question...

Well I happen to think the greatest American woman (no not the song) of American history happens to be Harriet Tubman and I do support the idea of her being on the $20 seeing as how Andrew Jackson couldn't STAND the idea of a national bank of any sort (such as the modern Federal Reserve) so it's extremely hypocritical for him to be on all things the main ATM bill. I can't think of anyone else more deserving of being the first black and second woman (Martha Washington was the first) to be on regular currency. So sure I hope she gets one of those quarters as well.

Harriet Beecher Stowe and Laura Ingalls Wilder would be great choices as far as authors go too.

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    CoffeeTimeCoffeeTime Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

Maybe March 2023 similar to this years announcement.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

You may be a little late for the public input period. :/

"The Secretary of the Treasury selects the honorees following consultation with the Smithsonian Institution’s American Women’s History Initiative, the National Women’s History Museum, and the Congressional Bipartisan Women’s Caucus. In 2021, the public was invited to submit recommendations for potential honorees through a web portal established by the National Women’s History Museum."

https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/american-women-quarters

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942... Welcome aboard. You have your answers above... and the 1942 following your name was an outstanding year.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks RickO, 1942 is my birth year.

Who would I want to see? I love Harriet Tubman, as well and I would've never thought about Laura Ingalls Wilder, but that's an interesting thought, as well. I'd love to see Alice Paul on a quarter.....Anne Frank, Sojourner Truth, Pauli Murray, Eleanor Roosevelt......the list goes on and on.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942 said:

Who would I want to see? I love Harriet Tubman, as well and I would've never thought about Laura Ingalls Wilder, but that's an interesting thought, as well. I'd love to see Alice Paul on a quarter.....Anne Frank, Sojourner Truth, Pauli Murray, Eleanor Roosevelt......the list goes on and on.

I would like to see the list limited to American citizens only. We certainly have more than enough women worthy of the honor. Anne Frank, while well known, has no US connection.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942 said:

Don't forget postage stamps. You can always write to the USPS to make suggestions.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes some stamps can really compliment a few coins as well, jmo

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942 said:

Alice Paul was already on the first spouse coin, don't know if they would put her on another coin.
    Elanor Roosevelt is on the 2023 Quarter.
    Anne Franks, not from American History.

The women I would like to see honored on a coin are still living, which rules them out.

• Options

The U.S. Mint home page has pictures posted for the 2024 women's quarters program. I can honestly say none of the 5 women are named I recognized. Thoughts on the designs from forum members?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2023 5:04AM

!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942 said:

I'm interested in the US Women's Quarter's Program. My friends and I have been compiling a list of women we'd love to see on these coins.

While you are too late to suggest names to the mint, you can certainly guess the last 5 names on the 2025 batch.

Maybe you could guess the Sports of the next quarter series!

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2023 6:32AM

Ugh, I see we are back to the overly cluttered busy designs for 2024. Come on Mint, you can do better! Less is more!

• Options
    OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting coins, they really messed up the Mary Edwards Walker one by putting a second GIANT Medal of Honor next to her. One was enough!

The font choice is a little bit, ehhh.

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rosita1942.... My birth year also... and getting younger every year.... Plan to live to 100, so far, so good. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

More clip art, yawn.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:
    The designer ought to have made Celia Cruz not look like Tina Turner.

I think she resembles Aretha Franklin.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:

LOL, first thing I thought when I saw it.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the Post Office and stamps. The Mint: A coin for everyday of the week?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    erscoloerscolo Posts: 505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Phyllis Diller...as a bonus her husband Fang on the obverse. Four of the five selected I have never heard of.

• Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    !

I like them all though the top one’s grey tone should be lighter than it appears in that graphic.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2023 5:09PM

@Fraz said:

One has to wonder...did Tina Turner get "her look" from the likes of Celia Cruz.
    Maybe Tina Turner would have been a better choice of an American Woman entertainer.

Interesting that Celia Cruz was picked for this program. She's was not born in America - using the criteria of the law. She was born in Cuba. She did, later, become an American citizen through marriage but again, not native born in the US or its territories.

https://govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BILLS-116hr1923enr/pdf/BILLS-116hr1923enr.pdf

BST references available on request

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Alice Cooper would be a great choice. :D:D

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2023 5:25PM

@MWallace said:
    I think Alice Cooper would be a great choice. :D:D

Actually, you're not wrong - Alice Cooper is definitely an entertainer and he has written a few songs about money!

I think he'd made a great spokesperson for the US Mint!

BST references available on request

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Moon Unit Zappa.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file