Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox for those of you who still care!

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭

After getting some key players back could they pull off a miracle?

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you know my response.
    You do know there are only 44 games to go and the schedule does NOT favor the Red Sox.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I care but live in reality

So nope

• Options

I too doubt if they have enough horses to pull it off but sure do hope so. I still watch the games but on tape so I can go through them quickly if they look bad.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having lived in the Boston are for 20+ years and having watched the fans’ reactions to adversity, I can’t imagine how unhappy they are. This is New England’s baseball team, and a bad year like this is not going to go down well. Given the payroll, finishing dead last in their division is pathetic.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Having lived in the Boston are for 20+ years and having watched the fans’ reactions to adversity, I can’t imagine how unhappy they are. This is New England’s baseball team, and a bad year like this is not going to go down well. Given the payroll, finishing dead last in their division is pathetic.

I'm not complaining, as much as I want them to win I'm still very much satisfied with their success post 2004

• Options

All teams want to win for sure and they will try hard to do so.
    There is some tough competition out there as well as billions of dollars.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    All teams want to win for sure and they will try hard to do so.
    There is some tough competition out there as well as billions of dollars.

That is manifestly not true. Can anyone look at the Reds' offseason and say that they were trying to win this year? Most blatant example is last year the Dolphins fired their coach for winning too much!