Home U.S. Coin Forum

Picked up for a $1

Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 15, 2022 2:00PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Is this Indian cleaned? Help appreciated!

Comments

• DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm more concerned about the GSW to the mouth.

"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Coin_nut1977Coin_nut1977 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was told on another coin website that it was cleaned. He never responded back. THANKS FOR RESPONSE!

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

hard to beat for a buck.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice for a buck! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken oih82w8

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be an older cleaning but to get an 1862 possibly F12 Indian for a buck? Great deal...........I would not worry if it was

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent price and a nice old IHC.... Looks OK to me. Cheers, RickO

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭

Possibly an old cleaning and I noticed the hit to the mouth of Liberty too, but any Copper Nickel IHC for $1 with readable dates and legends is a score in my book! Congrats!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I am new to this but I see someone referred to this as a CN. Also possibly an F12. Can I ask what CN and F12 mean.
    Thanks,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2022 8:48AM

@milbroco said:
    Hi everyone. I am new to this but I see someone referred to this as a CN. Also possibly an F12. Can I ask what CN and F12 mean.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Copper Nickel... CN... refers to the metallic composition of the coin from 1859 to 1864. From 1864 to 1909 IHCs were minted in Bronze.

F12 is the grade (Fine 12). The scale goes from 01 (Poor) to 70 or Mint State).

All of this information can be had in a copy of The Redbook...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭

OK Awesome.
    Thank you,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2022 9:44AM

What Not to LOVE for a buck?

❤️ It!

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go back and get the rest of the roll!

When in doubt, don't.
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup

Coins & Currency
  • tincuptincup Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup for a dollar! CN cents can be lighter in color; I'd say it is ok and just has some darker toning around the edges.

----- kj
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

Potential to fill a hole in my folder for a buck?! I wouldn't care if it was cleaned or not! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file