Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Clean your safe, not your coins...

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure months ago I posted a picture of my safes, showing how crowded and overflowing they had become. Now I've pared my collection, and can live the simple life... 😀
.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 45,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't have a home safe so I'm limited to a safe deposit drawer- and I'm nearly out of space in it. I think a bit of paring and housecleaning can be beneficial.

    Collector since 1976. On the CU forums here since 2001.

  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lordmarcovan said:
    I don't have a home safe so I'm limited to a safe deposit drawer- and I'm nearly out of space in it. I think a bit of paring and housecleaning can be beneficial.

    I have a deposit box for the modest amount of gold I've accumulated...

    If I keep adding to my Morgan albums, they may become worth enough to make me nervous having then in the house. But the credit union where I have the SDB makes it a bit of a wait to access the box... They seem short staffed with those with that awesome power. 😜

    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭✭✭

    smart idea,

  • Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Organized is good

    Mr_Spud

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    My safe weighs 750 lbs. empty.... and it is not empty. My security system is layered and not obvious. I have ready access and sleep very well. Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ricko said:
    My safe weighs 750 lbs. empty.... and it is not empty. My security system is layered and not obvious. I have ready access and sleep very well. Cheers, RickO

    Yes, but are those troy pounds? :neutral:

    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

    All of my capped bust half dollars sleep every night in a comfortable safety deposit box!

  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 24,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @lordmarcovan said:
    I don't have a home safe so I'm limited to a safe deposit drawer- and I'm nearly out of space in it. I think a bit of paring and housecleaning can be beneficial.

    Send those extras to ME! B)>:):D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file