Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My new purchase from Early Cents has arrived.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to Chris McCawley, I was able to purchase this 1796 S87 Large Cent. Love it. Only difference in hand from Photos is the coin looks rough in photo but is very clean looking skin inhand. Roughness only shows in photos. The 6 is far more visible inhand and under most any light source.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice early copper, Jim!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,882 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome classic favorite!
    Congratulations, dude.
    ;)
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't care what anyone else says.....I really love the look of your coin.

• Options
    baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭

Really nice, thanks for sharing.

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! You did good by getting a 1796 if it's a type coin, they have much stronger reverses as a general rule when compared to the '94-'95's...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

☺️wonderful piece of history ….. a keeper for sure.
    Congrats!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken... Very nice old copper cent... and as I have said before, if it starts with 17... it is awesome. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it... most "approachable" early copper is going to have some issue. Sure there's microporosity evident from the images, but all of the design elements are there and the porosity is certainly not terminal... it looks a lot like my 1796 except mine also has a clipped planchet mint error... I think I can dig the seller's pictures out.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file