Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

$1000 note upside?

At Nevada Coin & Jewelry right now in las Vegas and they have a PCGS VF25 $1000 and $500 PCGS for sale. You guys see any upside in these or do you think they've peaked? They have gone up so much in the last few years.

B. Lowe

Comments

• Options

Wow! Those are nice! Yeah, I really like the appeal of having something in my collection as unique as these. I didn't pull the trigger today but the owner says he has more if those sell so I'll mull it over in the weekend and come back to the decision on Monday. Thanks for the response!

B. Lowe
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful notes for sure :)

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on the economy and markets; many think they are top heavy.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    To some collectors, ownership has it own rewards. I bought my $500 and $1,000 note seven or eight years ago with excitement about finally owning them. I looked for examples with original paper and good eye appeal. The return on my investment was secondary at best. I don’t see them going down in price anytime soon. If you buy them, do it because you want them.

I sold my collection last month, and these beauties are probably still available.

Those are very nice! Definitely a couple of types on my bucket list. 👍

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 422 ✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    It depends on the economy and markets; many think they are top heavy.

+1
    There are many more collectible notes in my books (if I am about to park that kind of money) & they can be tough to unload during economic uncertainty.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is Superior Grading still in business? I assume that those who need their notes graded have few options and you have to pay the annual fees.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2022 12:18PM

@logger7 said:
    Is Superior Grading still in business?

No, it’s not.