countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

1961 Maris HR #1 and #60

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

imageimage

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are tremendous!
    Here are a few of mine:

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

UFC 1 program.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

A program from the first day Mickey Mantle wore the Yankees uniform - the road grays against the St. Louis Browns - as a September call up in 1950…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Nice scorecard Wheaties…it makes me curious now what number Mantle might have worn on that call up as I see Bobby Brown still listed at #6 and playing in the game. I wouldn’t think they’d have taken Brown’s number 6 away for the 1950 call up when Mantle didn’t even play? Or, perhaps they didn’t have numbers on their road jersey’s so it really didn’t matter?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fmclaug11 said:
    Nice scorecard Wheaties…it makes me curious now what number Mantle might have worn on that call up as I see Bobby Brown still listed at #6 and playing in the game. I wouldn’t think they’d have taken Brown’s number 6 away for the 1950 call up when Mantle didn’t even play? Or, perhaps they didn’t have numbers on their road jersey’s so it really didn’t matter?

Oddly enough, that’s not a subject I had ever considered but you’re right; clearly #6 would have been out. I wonder if they just gave them all high numbers or numberless jerseys, as I know Mickey wasn’t only one called up and I’m pretty sure none of the call ups played as they were in a pennant race in that September of 1950.

Based on his autobiography and accounts of the day, I know it was a double header, that he hid in the clubhouse most of the time, though he did watch Scooter take pre game warm ups and then play short only to realize his own days as a shortstop were over and that he was eventually coaxed onto the field for BP before the second game. While Mickey himself didn’t remember much other than swinging really hard and quickly departing the field, it is said that he put on quite a power display that left most of the veterans on both teams agape at the sound of the crack of the bat: a harbinger of what was yet to come…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2022 8:45AM

I love a good Wilt vs Russell program:

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Lionel Messi champion league debut program. I like that cgc noted that on the flip. I got this a while back but just got it slabbed. Happy with the way it presents.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here