Home U.S. Coin Forum

Registry set queston

PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see the red updated flag next to the set.
What I can not see is updated flag on the set itself?
What happened

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

Comments

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a question better suited for the registry forum.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

It still shows up in mine

Mr_Spud

• PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

The top 4 on the mercury dime set shows upgraded but when you open the set it doesn't show which coin was upgraded on those sets?

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PTVETTER said:
    The top 4 on the mercury dime set shows upgraded but when you open the set it doesn't show which coin was upgraded on those sets?

I went to the Mercury dime basic set and did see the upgraded that you mentioned. If you click on the set rating number (68.25 or 67.61 or ...) it will take you to their 'rating' page. Then you can see on the far right that the change was due to a 'composite update'. This usually has something to do with the 'bonus points' assigned for top pop, tied top pop or one of the designations if they apply for added set points.

To clarify a little but not to say what happened here - if a set is getting bonus points for tied top pop and a new top pop coin is made, then the set will lose it's bonus points for tied to pop and the composite update is noted. Sometimes these will show up if a top pop is submitted for regraded and the cert is temporarily deactivated and the composite is upgraded. But when the cert is reactivated after regrade, then the composite is upgraded again.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lilolme said:

@PTVETTER said:

I went to the Mercury dime basic set and did see the upgraded that you mentioned. If you click on the set rating number (68.25 or 67.61 or ...) it will take you to their 'rating' page. Then you can see on the far right that the change was due to a 'composite update'. This usually has something to do with the 'bonus points' assigned for top pop, tied top pop or one of the designations if they apply for added set points.

To clarify a little but not to say what happened here - if a set is getting bonus points for tied top pop and a new top pop coin is made, then the set will lose it's bonus points for tied to pop and the composite update is noted. Sometimes these will show up if a top pop is submitted for regraded and the cert is temporarily deactivated and the composite is upgraded. But when the cert is reactivated after regrade, then the composite is upgraded again.

** If you click on the set rating number (68.25 or 67.61 or ...) it will take you to their 'rating' page.
    The set rating is not clickable? **

• remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

Hi PT,

Someone recently made a 1942-S in MS68+FB. The collections that had a pop top MS68FB lost the pop top extra point.

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file