Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone else collect Danscos?

AlbumNerdAlbumNerd Posts: 121 ✭✭✭
edited July 29, 2022 7:47AM in U.S. Coin Forum

As you can tell by my username, I'm quite a nerd about coin albums. I've set myself a mission to collect all the different types of Dansco albums that have ever been made. Here is a photo of my collection from seven months ago.

Since then I have collected 50 more albums! I am moving soon so once I get set back up I will post my complete collection. In the meantime here is a list showing everything I have attained so far! This list doesn't include some of the rarer foreign and Continental Line albums I managed to get my hands on

Comments

  • OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Are they just album or are there coins in them?

    Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

  • yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Several people here collect different types of plastic slabs, so it's not that unusual.
    There are other types of albums/coin boards to collect, too:
    https://www.coincollectingboards.com/

  • erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have those Austrailia, Crowns of the World, and Mexico Libertad albums. I also have a Canada Dollar album that is not listed on your sheet. They are full of coins! Nice collection FWIW!

  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well that is an exonumia collection I have not seen before. Takes up more room than coins, unless you intend to fill them all :o .... Cheers, RickO

  • ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Neat collection, and I'm guessing there are a few 'key albums'. If they don't start cranking out albums again, your collections value may outperform the coins!

    I know a few people that collect varieties of albums, there are some odd ones out there.

  • The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I have a Half Dimes album on the shelf. Send me a PM and I'll work out a deal with you.

    Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

  • mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I buy Whitman Classic albums when I see them in nice, obviously cared-for condition. Sometimes I can find these in the album bargain bin, new, still in original shrink-wrap. I've given away a good number of the Whitman albums I've purchased at a bargain price. I typically only have to pay $2 or $3 to acquire a Whitman Classic album. If they are really beat up I pass on buying them.

    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭✭

    Coin albums are like people...it's what's inside that counts!

    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2022 12:32PM

    A couple of different ones (almost full). Also have Australia Pre-decimal

    Member of the ANA since 1982
  • AdamLAdamL Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

    I would collect them. But I would become obsessed with filling all of them. And I already have enough collecting goals to keep me busy for years.

  • Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2022 2:09PM

    That’s really cool how you are going after having one of each that was ever made, sort of like a type set of Dansco albums.

    I started hoarding Wayte Raymond and Meghrig boards and album binders about 17 years ago when you could still get unused old stock from Meghrig Supply company and also some off of eBay. Now I have so many I’ll never be able to use them all. I have several full and partially full ones with coins in them and several unused ones in storage. I dunno what I’m going to do with all of them. I have a few Danscos too, full of coins but always was more attracted to the more vintage types of albums.

    Mr_Spud

  • FairfaxthunderFairfaxthunder Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

    Well now I know why the album I want is hard to find…

  • @AlbumNerd said:
    As you can tell by my username, I'm quite a nerd about coin albums. I've set myself a mission to collect all the different types of Dansco albums that have ever been made. Here is a photo of my collection from seven months ago.

    Since then I have collected 50 more albums! I am moving soon so once I get set back up I will post my complete collection. In the meantime here is a list showing everything I have attained so far! This list doesn't include some of the rarer foreign and Continental Line albums I managed to get my hands on

    Great Collection, however, mine is more Australian, NZ, Fiji and New Guinea matey

  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You could make a small fortune by selling just the gold page of a Dansco 7070...

    Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

    Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭✭

    Your list is dated September, 2015. How many more are there now?

  • AlbumNerdAlbumNerd Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

    @Malki said:

    @AlbumNerd said:
    As you can tell by my username, I'm quite a nerd about coin albums. I've set myself a mission to collect all the different types of Dansco albums that have ever been made. Here is a photo of my collection from seven months ago.

    Since then I have collected 50 more albums! I am moving soon so once I get set back up I will post my complete collection. In the meantime here is a list showing everything I have attained so far! This list doesn't include some of the rarer foreign and Continental Line albums I managed to get my hands on

    Great Collection, however, mine is more Australian, NZ, Fiji and New Guinea matey

    Nice! I def need those albums in my collection. Let me know if you ever sell them!

    @Glen2022 said:
    Your list is dated September, 2015. How many more are there now?

    The only ones I see added are the upcoming innovation dollar albums. Dansco just released an updated list in April

  • Klif50Klif50 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭

    The list says the 7070 type set album is available for $48.95. Where can I buy one at that price?

  • AlbumNerdAlbumNerd Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

    @Klif50 said:
    The list says the 7070 type set album is available for $48.95. Where can I buy one at that price?

    That price is what dansco suggest to resellers :) the only real way is on eBay

  • csdotcsdot Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭

    Are you filling them, or just collecting the albums?

    I have a good number of albums, in various states of completion.

  • AlbumNerdAlbumNerd Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

    @csdot said:
    Are you filling them, or just collecting the albums?

    I have a good number of albums, in various states of completion.

    I'm definitely filling them in. My life's goal is to fill out much as I can before passing it on to the next generation

  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @AlbumNerd said:

    @Klif50 said:
    The list says the 7070 type set album is available for $48.95. Where can I buy one at that price?

    That price is what dansco suggest to resellers :) the only real way is on eBay

    If I can find these at around $50. in close-to-mint condition, I'll pick it up.
    I just purchased this one, and it is next to perfect:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/284984563691

    peacockcoins

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file