Home Sports Talk
Options

2022 NFL season preview

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's time for my annual preview of the upcoming NFL season, these are the things I will be keeping an eye on for the 2022 NFL season, storylines that I'm interested in following this season.

Comments

• Options

We'll get the ball rolling here with my Carolina Panthers, as usual I don't expect too much from them, I just hope Baker Mayfield puts on a good show when we lose.

• Options

I'm curious to see how good the Miami Dolphins will be after adding Tyreek Hill to the mix with a healthy Tua. The Dolphins finished last season pretty strong, and Tyreek Hill recently gave Tua good praise.

• Options

For the Rams, it's all about one thing, can they repeat? They did lose Von Miller, but the band is still together.

• Options

For the Bills, it's also about one thing, and Von Miller believes he can help them get it, I can't wait to watch!

• Options

The Philadelphia Eagles haven't produced a hit since that Super Bowl a few years back, I don't expect things to change any time soon.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    For the Rams, it's all about one thing, can they repeat? They did lose Von Miller, but the band is still together.

Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL.
    Last season with Von Miller teams had a nightmare trying to scheme for both. Will his production drop now the Miller is gone?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    The Philadelphia Eagles haven't produced a hit since that Super Bowl a few years back, I don't expect things to change any time soon.

NFL experts are picking the Eagles as division winners. I’m not so sure yet. I always pick the best QB in the division and Dak is the only QB that can come from behind and win games.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Aaron Donald is the best player in the NFL.
    Last season with Von Miller teams had a nightmare trying to scheme for both. Will his production drop now the Miller is gone?

Very interesting question, I think the Rams defense is going to feel the impact of losing Von Miller for sure.

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 4:03AM

Swamis NFL Division winners 2022
    Buffalo
    Baltimore
    Kansas City
    Indianapolis

Dallas
    LA Rams
    Green Bay
    Tampa Bay

Wild Cards
    Miami
    LA Chargers
    Tennessee????
    or Las Vegas???

Philadelphia
    Minnesota
    San Francisco???
    or Arizona???

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills and Rams are the top teams but Buffalo will find a way to mess it up.

Chargers are still one year away I think, as good as Herbert is he needs another year to get better.

TOMPA should be in the mix

KC not sure

Dallas will be hyped up and the Eagles will end up winning that division.

Minnesota will win their division but fall on the face in the playoffs

SF picked the wrong time to try out Lance

Miami should make wild card

Las Vegas is in a TOUGH division, I don’t think Carr is consistent enough to make a go of it

Denver could be good but it all depends on which Russel Wilson shows up every week

My Pats will struggle to have a winning record at 9-8, I’m thinking more like 7-10

• Options

The Cincinnati Bengals were a surprise last season, I don't think anyone expected Joe Burrow to come back from a torn ACL and lead his team to the Super Bowl, perhaps they have unfinished business, we shall see.

• Options

I'm looking forward to watching the Matt Ryan and Jonathan Taylor experiment with the Colts.

• Options

I'm definitely looking forward to watching the Packers this season, I expect the usual from them - a great regular season and first round bye, Aaron Rodgers will win the MVP, and then they'll lose in the playoffs, and Aaron Rodgers will threaten everyone with retirement.

• Options

Looking at the Cowboys schedule, I think this should be fun to watch, starting right off with two very losable games, they can't afford to come out sluggish this season.

• Options

The Detroit Lions, I expect the usual from them.

• Options

The Baltimore Ravens are certainly going to be interesting to watch, with the Lamar Jackson situation and everything.

• Options

Interesting comment about Lamar Jackson by a defensive coordinator.

• Options

The New york Jets have added a very important piece to the puzzle to complement Zach Wilson and his needs.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The New york Jets have added a very important piece to the puzzle to complement Zach Wilson and his needs.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

Also looking forward to watching the Mac Attack, I think he will have a great season and the Patriots are going back to the playoffs again.

• Options

The New york Giants, I have to tell you, I just don't see it happening, sorry Giants fans.

• Options

There are high expectations this season for Justin Herbert and the LA Chargers, should be a fun team to watch!

• Options

The Wal-Mart Broncos will be an interesting team to keep an eye on, adding Russell Wilson should give them a boost, that is until his production eventually drops off and they make him a greeter.

• Options

The Steelers will be interesting to watch after the retirement of Big Ben Roethlisberger, I don't expect too much from them with Trubisky and Pickett, but we'll see.

• Options

The Vikings should be a good team this year if Kirk Cousins can cut out the stupid mistakes, it's easy to see why Mike Zimmer didn't like him.

• Options

I'm looking foreard to watching the Derek Carr and Davante Adams combo this season, they were teammates at Fresno State and both of them got paid, so it's time to step up and deliver.

• Options

I'm also looking forward to watching Raiders owner Mark Davis this season, he never disappoints!

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 10:44AM

The Chicago Bears should be interesting this season, Justin Fields will be QB1 and we will finally get to see what he can do as the full time starter.

• Options

Of course I will be rooting against the Washington Commanders this season, I can't stand Carson Wentz, and he looked ridiculous at his first press conference.

• Options

Obviously I'm looking forward to watching the Titans, this man is a beast!

• Options

I'm curious about Lovie Smith and the Texans, their young quarterback Davis Mills seems to have a good attitude and has showed promise at times.

"The thing I put in my mind each play is that I’m the best player on the field and there’s nothing the defense can do to stop me,” the Texans’ quarterback says. “Obviously, that’s not really realistic every down, but going out there with that mindset has carried me this far, and I wanna continue to have that mindset, that chip on my shoulder each and every week.”

• Options

Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs, how will they look without Tyreek Hill, and will Mahomes be the father of his division?

• Options
    edited July 27, 2022 11:50AM

And what about the Cardinals, Kyler Murray got his money, but we all know how the story goes with Kingsbury.

• Options

The Seattle Seahawks should look very different this year, Pete Carroll better have a good plan or things could get ugly fast.

• Options

I sincerely hope the 49ers start Trey Lance this season, to be honest, I want to see what he can do, and indications seem to point in that direction.

• Options

The Urban Meyer experiment failed miserably in Jacksonville because Meyer was toxic, the Jaguars now have Doug Pederson as their head coach. I like Trevor Lawrence and hope he can succeed, the atmosphere in the locker room seems to be changing for the better, we'll see.

• Options

Interesting.

• Options

The Saints, what can you say about them, they look like crap without Drew Brees running the show. They should just find a way to sign him through 2035.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i for one appreciate all of the legwork double d puts forth to get us pumped for the NFL season

a job well done mate

Thank you buddy, I'm pumped up myself about the season, I love this time of year!

• Options

And what about the Browns, one thing's for sure, they have a solid defense.

• Options

And then there's this man, the GOAT, going for his 8th ring, I wouldn't bet against him.

• Options

And lastly, the Atlanta Falcons, they're still stuck in the year 2017, it's like a bad record that keeps playing over and over.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's delusional if he thinks he's worth 50M a year and he might have already reached his highest trajectory mark for his career. This QB money that gets tossed around is getting to be pretty silly and while I don't think any QB is worth 50M/yr the guy about to be handed that much money should have at least won a SB or two beforehand.

@doubledragon said:
    And then there's this man, the GOAT, going for his 8th ring, I wouldn't bet against him.

Tom has won every other SB going back the previous 7 seasons so not winning this last one means he should be in line for the next one,right? 😉

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey DD, we know you miss him, admit it.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Hey DD, we know you miss him, admit it.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

He's delusional if he thinks he's worth 50M a year and he might have already reached his highest trajectory mark for his career. This QB money that gets tossed around is getting to be pretty silly and while I don't think any QB is worth 50M/yr the guy about to be handed that much money should have at least won a SB or two beforehand.

@doubledragon said:

Tom has won every other SB going back the previous 7 seasons so not winning this last one means he should be in line for the next one,right? 😉

There's no way I would pay him that money, I think he's lost his mind. I think he's serious about it too, just look at his Twitter account profile picture.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat after me:

Justin Herbert
    Justin Herbert
    Justin Herbert
    Justin Herbert
    Justin Herbert
    Justin Herbert

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

Las Vegas is in a TOUGH division, I don’t think Carr is consistent enough to make a go of it

Denver could be good but it all depends on which Russel Wilson shows up every week

That division is brutal. Vegas Has Denver at O/U 10 wins. I don’t see Denver winning 4 games in their own division. They easily could go 2-4 or 3-3. That means they have to go 7-4 or 8-3 outside the division. They play,
    49ers
    Colts
    Titans
    Ravens
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Outside their division
    I just don’t see them reaching 10. That the reason that was my best bet this off-season.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@doubledragon said:
    Looking at the Cowboys schedule, I think this should be fun to watch, starting right off with two very losable games, they can't afford to come out sluggish this season.

Cowboys have a realistic chance of starting the season 4-6 or 5-5. It’ll be uphill all season after that.

W.C.Fields